Thirty-nine

I reached Noah's room and saw it was empty, then I heard voices from the bathroom. I looked at the door sadly.

Poor Noah must be having his first hangover experience.

I went towards his bathroom and knocked on the door. "Go away, mom." He groaned from inside.

"It's me, Noah," I replied, putting my hand on the door.

There was pin-drop silence for a minute, then Noah's disbelief voice came. "Lexi?"

"Yup." I chuckled. "The one and only."

I heard the water running inside and waited for him to come out. After a minute or two Noah opened the door slowly, looking at me with wide eyes. "It's really you or am I hallucinating again?"

Again? What's that supposed to mean?

"Check it yourself." I extended my hand in front. He darted his hand between me and my hand, then finally touched it.

"Okay, you're real." He muttered getting out of the bathroom and went to his bed. He plopped on it and groaned. "My head hurts so much."

"When you drink like that, it's bound to happen." He glared at me and I put my hands up in surrender. "Take this," I gave him the aspirin, "it'll make you feel better."

He took the bottle from me and gulped the medicine down. I watched him quietly from my place.

Should I ask him about last night?

"What are you doing here?" Noah looked at me curiously.

"We have to practice." I gave him a look, reminding him.

"I thought we were going to do that at your place."

"Yeah...about that. You were drunk, so I thought it'll be a good idea to do it here." I replied, giving him a tight smile.

"What happened last night, anyway?" He asked, running his fingers through his hair. "How did I even got home?"

"You don't remember what happened last night?" My smile faded as I blinked.

"No." I could literally hear my heart shattering into pieces.

He doesn't remember.

"What do you remember exactly?" I asked, observing him.

He looked at me, then pondered. "I remember playing beer pong with Jax..." He muttered.

"And...?"

"Nothing." He groaned in frustration laying on his back. "It's like everything is blank."

"We kissed," I grunted slowly, but he still heard it.

"What?!" He jerked up from his bed, looking at me with wide eyes. "What did you say?"

"I said..." I licked my lips and averted my gaze from him. "You and Kevin kissed." I lied to check if he was lying about remembering or not.

Noah stared at me with wide eyes, and his jaw dropped. "I kissed Kevin?" He whispered in disbelief. I blew out a breath.

He remembers nothing. Why did I ever doubt him? He's Noah, he doesn't lie to me or anyone.

"I am just joking." I forced a laugh, looking at him. "You were about to but stopped."

"Ok..." He trailed off. He put his elbows on his knees and ran fingers through his hair, gripping them tightly. "I feel nauseous." He grumbled.

"Well." I shrugged. "You were drunk AF."