Thirty-seven

"Stay with me tonight."

"W-what?" I stuttered, looking at him in disbelief.

D-did I heard him right?

"Stay with me, Lexi." He repeated, tucking my hair behind my ear. "Please." I wasn't the one drunk here, but the way Noah was looking at me with his deep green eyes was enough to make me.

I blinked my eyes at him and shook my head, trying to clear the fog in it. The fact that I was laying over him, with our chest pressed together and his hand on my waist wasn't helping either.

"I-I..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say, I cleared my throat. "I don't think that's a good idea," I whispered, finally getting my voice back.

I put my hands on his chest trying to get up but was stopped as he tightened his grip on my waist. My heart was throbbing in my ears, I was afraid that it might explode any moment.

"Why?" He looked at me intensely. "Is it because of your boyfriend?" I could see agony written all over his face.

"No." I shook my head so fast that it was a miracle I didn't get whiplash. "It's not because of him."

I didn't like the way he called him my boyfriend. I wish I could have ended things with him tonight.

"Then what's the problem?" His thumb lightly creased my back from where my top gotten up, making me quiver. "Why can't you stay?"

"I..." My mind went blank. This was the first time I was tongue-tied in front of a boy, but again this is different.

"Don't you trust me, Lexi?"

"Of course I do, I just..." I whispered and moved a little to get off him, but in a swift motion, Noah flipped us on the bed with him in the top this time.

I gasped in surprise and my eyes grew big; I put my hands on his strong biceps and he put his forearm on either side of my face, leaning to them. I rubbed my thighs together between his legs. I was trapped between him and the bed.

Not that I mind...

My breath hitched as he leaned in until our noses touched. "You just what?"

I don't trust myself around you.

My entire body heat as I felt his muscular chest pressed against mine. I bit my lip and tried to control my stupid hormones, but it made it worse as Noah's gaze went to my lips.

I saw his Adam's apple bobbed as he continued to stare at my lips. My throat felt dry as my eyes darted to his. He stuck his tongue got out and licked his lower lip.

OMG, I'm in deep trouble!

He peeked at me through his lashes. His eyes looked darker than before. "Lexi..." He said in a hoarse voice making my entire body vibrate.

I swallowed hard, not being able to say anything as his face came closer. My eyes fluttered close, I felt his breath on my lips. Gripping his shoulders tightly and waited for him, the anticipation was killing me.

Are we really going to kiss?!

An electric shock ran down my spine when his lips slightly touched mine and before I could register it, he plopped his head in the crook of my neck. I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling.

WTF was that?!

Did we kiss or peck?

Do touching lips lightly even call a peck?!

I came out of my train of thoughts when Noah moved his head in the crook of my neck. "I-I am sorry." He whispered in my ear, sending shivers through my entire body. "You d-don't have to s-stay if y-you don't want t-too." He sounded apprehensive.