Twelve

"Why are you making that face?" Noah asked with his brows furrowed.

"What face?"

"The same heartsick face you made when you found that one direction isn't one anymore."

"You remember about that?!" I squeaked in surprise.

"Of course." He chuckled and reminded me of my old crush. "Zayn was your first love."

"I didn't make any face." I narrowed my eyes at him then huffed. "And don't remind me that."

"Then tell me, what are you thinking?" He plopped his face on his palm and gazed at me with his curious green eyes.

"I-ah..." I darted my eyes around, thinking about a topic to divert his attention. "The Cheez-its must be ready by now." I rushed towards the refrigerator and took the Cheez-its out.

I can't ask him if he's in love or not. Can I?

"They look good," Noah commented as I place the tray in front of him. He tasted one and a huge grin broke on his face. "These are amazing!"

Laughing at his reaction, I ate one and moaned when the sweet flavor melted in my mouth.

These are perfect!

Noah tossed a few more in his mouth and praised. "You did an outstanding job."

"We did an outstanding job." His eyes lit up, and he gave me a toothy grin which made me burst to laugh.

"What?" He frowned in confusion.

"You have peanut butter all over your teeth!" I snickered and his face turned red like a tomato.

"Miss Wolf." I froze in my laugh and peeked behind me.

"Yes, Miss Maddox?" I asked sweetly, batting my eyelashes at her.

"Class is over." She pointed out around the empty class. I didn't even notice them leaving. "Clean the mess and then you are free to leave." She darted her sharp gaze between me and Noah then left the room.

"Time to clean," I turned to Noah who was still stuffing his face with the Cheez-its.

* * * * *

Noah and I tidied up the counters first then took the dirty dishes to the sink. He washed the dishes while I dried and put them in their places. Like a team, we divided the work and did it peacefully without messing or breaking anything.

"We're a terrific team, aren't we?" I said proudly, looking at the work we did.

"I guess we are." He smiled as he rinsed the dishes and we fell into silence.

"You're coming to the movies tomorrow, right?" I asked him, trying to keep a conversation.

"No." He replied.

"Why?!" I shrieked.

I knew everyone will be there but Jax will be busy with Ivy, Kevin always sleeps during movies, and Emily... well she goes too deep in the movie and only comes out when it ends. I wanted Noah to be there, to make it bearable for me.

"Because I don't like it." He shrugged.

"Oh come on Noah, come, please," I begged and gave him my best puppy face.

"Jax will be there." He said in a monotone.

"IK. It was his plan." I rolled my eyes. "But I want you there too, please Noah. We'll have fun like when we were kids, please."

He watched me as I whined then he sighed giving in. "Fine, I'll come. Stop whining."

"Yes!" I bounced and hugged him tightly. "Thank you!" I felt him tense under my arms and quickly let go of him.