Twenty-one

"K!"

"E!"

"V-I-N!"

"GO... KEVIN!"

I lead the cheerleaders as Kevin kicked the ball from the center of the field. It was Friday and our homecoming match was going on. I observed the crowd jumping and yelling from their seats. Emily sat with Jax and my former friends, I ignored everyone and my eyes landed on Noah, who was busy watching the game.

We haven't talked since he left me on Wednesday. We had no Home Ec. class on Thursday either, so I didn't get any chance to talk to him. I hoped he comes to the after-party that Kevin was throwing, well he'll throw when or should I say if we win this game.

We lost last year, and this year's game wasn't looking good either. The other team was now leading by a point, and if we didn't score now, we'll lose.

My thoughts were cut off when everyone cheered. I turned my head back to the game and saw Kevin tackle the opponent's team player on the ground.

"Alright girls!" I clapped my hands, getting their attention. "Let's do the panthers one more time."

They nodded and did as I said. We divided into two groups, I stood at the end of one and Natasha on the other. I signaled Natasha, and we got ready.

"P-A-N-T-H-E-R-S!

Panther Pride! Panther Pride!

We're steppin' up, so step aside!

We're the best; we're here to win

Panther power's here again!"

The girls gathered together, Natasha, and I ran towards them. Two girls bend down, I step on their palms, and kept my head high and chest out as they help me jump. In the air I pulled my legs to my arms and touched my insteps, doing a Toe touch. I crossed my arms around my chest as I dropdown. The girls caught me and we continued chanting.

"GO... PANTHERS!"

I landed on the ground and took a long breath. Everyone smiled at me and patted my back, I beamed and glanced at Natasha, she also landed safely and gave me a thumbs up.

I clapped and praised. "Good job, girls!" I looked back towards the field and saw Jim running towards the end zone.

I searched for Kevin and saw him running with the ball in his hands. I glimpsed at the counter, only one minute left.

"GO KEVIN!" I cheered, bouncing in my place, and watched him throw the ball towards Jim. I crossed my fingers and pray.

Please catch it, please catch the f**kin' ball!

Everyone got up from their seats and watched the ball in the air. It was like time got slower and in slow motion, the ball went down and Jim caught it.

"TOUCHDOWN!" Everyone screamed, and the time went out.

"We won," I whispered and looked at my team, then at the crowd jumping on their seats, celebrating. "We won!" I exclaimed, punching my fists in the air. Everyone, including me, ran towards the field.

Kevin took his helmet off and screamed. "Victory!" I laughed and ran towards him, colliding with his hard chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck and shook him.

"We Won!" I squealed, hugging him. He was sweaty, but whatever.

We Won!

He wrapped his hands around my waist, hugging me back tightly. "We Won!" He screamed. He picked me up and spun us, making me giggle. We let go, and I observed everyone jumping in enthusiasm.