Flames

Arjun was standing a little away from his camp, when he suddenly felt something roll to his feet. He looked down. It was a crystal ball, stunning and shocking him to no bounds.. He picked it up. Suddenly the ball became cloudy and a scenario appeared in it.... A dark chamber, a lady was lying on the bed. Her face was slowly becoming visible under the light of the diya.... A cold shiver ran down his spine as he recognised the phenomenally beautiful lady-- his Krishnaa!! Arjun kept on staring at the crystal ball, trying his best to recognise the location. In a matter of few minutes, he knew where it could be, as his eyes fell on Vasuki, who was sitting a distant away from the crystal ball there, smirking devilishly at it... Paatal lok... The image became hazy and slowly disappeared, altogether...

Arjun continued holding the ball in his hands, rage coursing through him, almost burning to his heart. How dare this Naag abduct his wife in his absence... Or even look up at her!!! His breathing and heartbeats maddened.. The Alpha male within him surging it's way out-- the urgent need to protect his beloved engulfed his senses. But how does he get there?!? Suddenly, thick clouds covered the place as Arjun found himself in total fog and haze... Out of nowhere a serpentess appeared in front of him. He frowned, now slowly understanding the whole plan... "Rekha..", he called to her, stunning her considerably. Afterall, he was Mahanayak Dhananjaya.. What do these serpents think of him!! Rekha appeared in front of him, changing her form to human form.. "Where is MY Krishnaa!?", he roared aloud to her, making her flinch a bit. She blinked rapidly at him, trying to act innocent. That's it!! Arjun's barrier of patience snapped. He took out his sword and held it to her neck, "Either you take me to her and your inhuman of a brother, or I slaughter you rightaway... The clear choice is all your...", he threatened, his voice icy cold, merely a whisper , but dripping with a deadly warning. Looking at Arjun, and understanding his rage, Rekha decided to execute the plan this way, only. She held his hand that was holding the sword and the two vanished.

Arjun looked around to find himself in an almost dark hall, lit with some diyas. He looked around.... "Where is Krishnaa?!", he roared again to her, the territorial Alpha in him dying to gift her nothing but death. *There..", Rekha pointed towards the hall doorway with a smirk. Arjun looked there. Nobody was there. "Honestly, I am in no mood for your antics?!", he roared again, this time louder, making her flinch a bit, again. "Come with me..", she said to him, her voice shaking a bit. She led him down the corridor to a room. Rekha knocked on the door, as Vasuki himself opened it. He grimaced at Arjun. Fury coursed through Arjun's body.. How dare this fool touch his wife!! His intense burning hazel gaze, made Vasuki a bit nervous indeed. He moved aside from the doorway. Arjun rushed in. Krishnaa was lying on the bed, still unconscious. Her hair and clothes a bit disheveled, as his eyes fell on a small injury on her forehead, which she much have had while she was brought here. His eyes glistened. He had failed to keep his vow of always protecting her. Moreover, what dirty game were these serpents playing?? The question baffled him to the core. He just knew something, he has to save his Krishnaa, no matter what. He touched her hand, as he was about to hold it.

Suddenly a searing pain ran down his back.
He shut his eyes as he felt all his power being drawn out of him. Krishnaa opened her eyes at Arjun's touch. "Arya!", she gasped, witnessing the horrible black magic of these evil people. She looked at Arjun, who looked more pale, exhausted and drained. Well, still strong enough to maybe run away from here. But not strong enough to defeat this Vasuki, punish him and rescue her. Krishnaa shut her eyes. The only word that she could think of was, "GOVIND.." She sprang up on the bed, and held Arjun's hand, "Arya..", she almost sobbed. Vasuki signalled at Rekha, whose eyes were watery, she didn't expect her brother to do this, this wasn't included in the deal. But she knew, this was necessary. Rekha called some guards, who dragged Arjun away, obviously with a lot of difficulty. Arjun couldn't speak a word, he was as if in a daze. The only thing he knew was that, he has to protect his wife. Krishnaa sat still, tears streaming down her cheeks, as only one word escaped her lips again and again, "Arya...", merely a whisper. Rekha exited the room with Arjun and closed the door behind. Vasuki approached Krishnaa with an evil grimace. She had no clue, which danger needed more priority to be dealt with -- Arjun's condition or this devil... Krishnaa kept her gaze fixed on the devil approaching her. Vasuki came near, and sat on the bed, in front of her, as she flinched, moving a little backwards. Vasuki's grimace widened. This is what he wanted -- her fear and apprehension doubling the testosterone rush within him. Slowly Krishnaa's face changed it's texture and became thoroughly expressionless. She knew what was about to happen, and she probably had no scape from it. There wasn't even any reason to escape, when Arjun couldn't... Her heart squeezed in immense pain, as, in her mind, she chose death over what was about to happen....

Arjun slowly opened his eyes, jerking himself out of the daze. He has to get up. Krishnaa was there -- unprotected and vulnerable to that devil... He raised himself up, as suddenly he could feel a new and renovated energy rise within him -- the energy of his love and determination -- the reflex of his territorial urge to protect his beloved. He looked up. His two wrists were cuffed on the poles in the two sides. Had it been some other time, he would have even broken away those shackles, with the immense burning rage within him. His whole body heated up from the flames of fury that were totally engulfing him. Suddenly he spotted Rekha, standing a little apart.. He glared at her, his furious eyes meeting her teary ones. "What do you think you will achieve from all this?!", he roared at her. Rekha came near, almost shivering at the roar of the captive and wounded lion. "I just want you.. Even if that means harming Yajnaseni Draupadi, or handing her over to Bhratashree...", she stated, her voice dripping with hurt and guilt. This was the cue Arjun needed. Her guilt, that was driving her weak...