Identities

Arjun knocked on the door of Krishnaa's chamber. Malini and Nitambini have taken Priu and Abhi out to  the garden to show them some plants and teach them to identify those and their utilities.. Krishnaa was rocking Kirti on the small jhoola inside the chamber. She looked up towards the door, hearing the knock, and both smiled, though for different reasons. Krishnaa's hands stilled on the rims of the jhoola. Abhi has told her that Arjun was in Subhadra's chamber, and she, even today, couldn't help holding a tiny grudge at this instance.  As wild as her assumptions could go, she hadn't thought that Arjun would come here this soon. She looked away from him and again concentrated on rocking the jhoola. "Krishnaa...", he called her, his voice almost trembling with an intense guilt. She didn't reply, and tried her best to saty as indifferent as possible. An immense pain filled his heart as he could almost feel it searing through him. Memories of how he had broken her heart time and again refloated in his mind. 

After a moment of killing silence, Krishnaa began regaining her rationality. No. It is their destiny that made him betray her, not his wish. Her heart ached the moment she looked up at him and his dull hazel orbs... He looked so lifeless. More precisely, he looked so lifeless WITHOUT HER. Her heart wrenched and in a split second, she ran to him, hugging him tight. He slowly lowered onto the floor, taking her down with him, as he crouched his head into her lap. She could say by his acts, that he was feeling vulnerable. Vulnerable to his own guilt. She kissed on his head and stroke her fingers through his hair. "Hey... stop crying like a baby... What will Kirti think.. and what will little baby think?", she asked him cutely. Her voice and her more-than-just-cute questions pulled a light teary chuckle out of him. He slowly got up, realising that his lying on her lap, while she is five months pregnant, isn't medically right. She smile subtly. He touched her dimples on the cheeks, his eyes drinking in her unearthly beauty-- her wax-like smooth and glowing skin glowing even more due to the effect of the pregnancy, her bronze-blue eyes a little more towards the brighter tint of bronze, her luscious light-crimson lips parted a bit under the usual captivating effect of his warm and loving touch. He couldn't contain the overwhelming feeling any longer as he pulled her face to his....

They broke the divine contact just as they grew breathless. She hugged him tight-- and close. Suddenly the naughty Arjun reappeared. "Our baby will be sooo romantic, huh?!", he asked. Krishnaa frowned and in a moment they broke out into a hearty laughter. "That will a good combination. Fierce and fidgety Priu and her sister calm and romantic.... Umm..." "Pragati...", Arjun added. Krishnaa looked up as their gazes melted into each other. They have already named their unborn daughter. It has to be a daughter.....

They went to the bed and sat there. While Krishnaa rested her head on the velvet headboard. Arjun laid his head on her shoulder. "Love....", he called her. "Too romantic", she thought naughtily as she replied, "Hmm.."

"You know... I have two inter-switchable identities. The first one is the ME which the world sees-- the mighty Arjun... GandeevDhaari, Mahanayak... And whatever else..." He paused as his face became gloomy. All these years, in this race of becoming the best, he has always suppressed his true inner self. He had always tried to be a good, ideal gentleman-- the Purshottam.. The true purshottam after Shri Ram Chandra. Only his Mahadev knew that he had an inner self which he was continuously hiding and sacrificing. He was almost killing his true self. No one... Not even his mother, his Gurudev, or his brothers never knew the real him. Till date.. It has been only her. She knows the peeking out Alpha in him, the hint of ferocity in him, the immense love in him, his outstanding sense of humour.. and over everything.. his vulnerability.. his tears-- only she had all the rights over the whole of him. She was the basis of his existence. He could be mad and crazy in front of her. In bed, could be wild and warm... She minds neither....
He paused his spree of overthinking. He looked up at her....

"But, with you, in front of you... I am what I actually am... I can be whatever I want to be... I can never thank you enough for giving me this freedom..."

Krishnaa's eyes became teary. " I love you..", she whispered, barely audible. But he could hear her... her heartbeats... Her breath.... He could feel the warmth of immense love that was almost radiating off her...
Arjun hugged around her waist.. "You gave me a new life... You know how I fell in love with you?", He suddenly asked, getting a bit excited to reveal the biggest truth of his life.

Krishnaa also became really excited. This man has given new heights to her life. He has given her the bliss of motherhood... The bliss of her married life... He has completed her life... And it is maybe the biggest curiosity of her to know the answer to this question. She raised an eyebrow in question...

"Obviously I was mesmerized by your unworldly beauty and I kept dreaming of you, even after three years of first catching a glance of you, when many others might have even forgotten your face.. Your blue-lotus fragrance lingered me into magical trances. But, I really fell in love when I met you that evening, during Diwali. The moisture in your eyes showed your love for me.... I felt like you were reading into my soul. I further fell for you, and your bravery, when you saved us in Varnavart. I knew how far you could go for me... And the rest... Is History... It's another saga in the history of love..."

Both of their eyes moistened as the whole atmosphere warmed up in the overwhelming intensity of their immense love...