Varnavart

"Calm down... I will not eat you up." Arjun said softly, chuckling at the end. Panchali joined in his chuckle and hit him lightly on his arm. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. "Impeccably impressive sense of timing.", an extremely annoyed Arjuna muttered under his breath. Krishnaa giggled softly before shoving him aside and running to the back side of the chamber and easily slipping out through the window into the garden. Arjuna stared in wonder. He had no idea that the impregnable princess could be this naughty kid too. He smiled silently to himself before opening the door. It was Nitambini.

"Rajkumaar, why are you smiling?" Nitambini enquired, irked by the strange and apparently reasonless smile on the prince's face. Arjuna stuttered and replied, "No ... Nothing such. Tell me why have you come?", he diverted the conversation to save himself, and extremely fortunately - without stammering any more. 
"Actually there's a letter from Raajmata Kunti.", she quickly replied, handing over a letter to him. After she left Arjun opened the letter, pretty happy to communicate with his mother after quite long. All thanks to her that he has Krishnaa in his life...
The letter read as..
"Dear Arjun,
I won't ask you any questions. We all are fine, and tomorrow we are setting off for Varnavart. Maharaj Dhritarashtra has got a beautiful palace built for us there. Actually for you. It's a gift to you on the occasion of your marriage. So, we will be visiting the place and get the pooja done. We will be expecting you there. Come soon. We will have some nice family-time there.
With blessings, Your mata..."
Arjun was so happy to read this. He would be a bit sad to leave Krishnaa, but even Krishnaa will be happy at this news. Taatshri has taken their marriage so positively....

Draupadi was soaking in Arjuna's intense love, sitting beside the garden pool, even away from Arjuna himself. "Physically", she corrected herself mentally.  She was playing a flashback of their interaction and Arjuna's prank, from a few moments back when she suddenly saw Arjun walking up to her, under the sun. She again found her gaze fixed at his handsome form, glinting under the sun.
"I think I caught someone staring at me.." he teased her, clearing his voice. Before she could retort, he put a finger on her lips and said, "Me first." "Maa has sent a letter inviting me to come to Varnavart for the pooja of the palace that Taatshri has gifted to meon the occasion of our alliance. I will be leaving tomorrow morning.." , he concluded removing his finger from her lips..
A rush of mixed emotions flooded through her mind. She wasn't much sad because he will be leaving her. He has to. Infact she was happy for this news. But she smelled something fishy... After the glint of lust and hatred she saw in Duryodhan's eyes last day, this acceptance and regard is sounding so impossible.... "Arjun, I don't know why but I feel like there is something fishy in it... Something is wrong somewhere." Arjun frowned. In his heart of hearts , even he felt the same...

Next morning Arjun left for Varnavart, which was closer to Panchal than Hastinapur...

It was near midnight, when Karn entered his chamber. "Where have you been all day?", Vrushali enquired. "Mitra had called.. he is undeniable , you know..." "But I think it's time you start denying him.." Vrushali retorted.. "Why do you say so?!" Karn frowned... "Swami.. why don't you get it? He is using your strength and valour to satisfy his envy.." "No Vrushali... He had stood beside me when the whole world had abandoned me... He had gifted me with this crown when I needed to prove my valour... He deserves to have his share of it , indeed..."
"No Swami. He is a chameleon. He wants to crush Arjun and so..."
Karn cut her in between,"Even I want to crush Arjun. He has taken my position.. He isn't the best archer of Aryavart."
This time Vrushali cut him in, "But staying in Duryodhan's association you can never expect to be called equivalent to the Purshottam Mahanayak... " She frowned at him..
Silence prevailed for a few minutes. Vrushali slowly approached Karn and said, " I know you people are trying to kill the Pandavs. But trust me you won't succeed, because Krishna and Krishnaa are, their shield, Arjun's, two main pillars of support.... Their ultimate victory is ultimate destiny.. And this crown.... Hasn't uplifted your stature, it has curbed all your freedom and crushed you under the Kaurava's feet..."
Saying till this, Vrushali left the room.