Things to know and Mysteries to unveil

Dearest Readers,

I have edited the first two chapters and I have added a pretty little prologue at the beginning of the first chapter. You can spare them a quick glance. Hope you like them. And, yet again, so sorry for late updates... And, your comments, votes and reads are the 'secret of my energy' to write.. He he.. ^_^

~With love and gratitude, Bristi <3

_______________________________________________________________________________

After a long and calm hug, the brothers slowly unwrapped their arms from around each other. Bheema gave Arjuna an encouraging smile, while Arjuna nodded and retaliated with a weak smile. For once Arjuna felt grateful that this brother of his was never too blindly devoted to any deity. As Bheema stepped back to his initial position in the Sabha, Arjuna finally mustered enough courage to pay every face a glance. However, soon enough the feelings of immense and sudden devotion and faith erupting from the whole assembly began to overwhelm him. He wasn't yet ready for this; letting everyone know the truth was enough of a tough task for now. Krishna mouthed to him, "About time..", and he nodded solemnly but almost timidly. Krishnaa, however, caught her cue from Krishna's double meanings of the 'about time'. 

Krishnaa stepped forward and extended a hand towards Arjuna. She smiled encouragingly -- as if coaxing a baffled little boy. Arjuna stepped towards her and placed his hand in hers without an ounce of hesitation. But, as soon as his skin came in contact with her warm velvety and unworldly smooth skin, the familiarity of her hand in his, the way they fit together like two stray pieces of the same puzzle, caused his newly gained confidence to finally return, and he squeezed her hand tightly and warmly, an infectious smile lit up his face - reaching to his eyes. At the moment, they didn't care what anyone thought about their this public display of love. He didn't do it out of the need to keep asserting his claims on her, he did it to remind himself who he really was. 

As Arjuna, Krishna and Krishnaa exited the RajSabha after paying a solemn greeting to everyone and walked down the corridor, Krishnaa's melodious voice chimed like a kid, "Let's go to my Mahal. Only the Almighty knows what havoc the kids are wrecking there!" Her voice suddenly filled with tension. "Oh no! This is the first time I have left them all alone! I know Priu and Abhi are quite matured, and Kirti doesn't whine a lot, not atleast when I am NOT in front of him. But Pragati and Veer are babies!! Oh Lord!" Arjuna and Krishna couldn't help bursting into a laughter fit at Krishnaa breathless ranting. "Breathe my love, breathe.. What is it with you and breathless chattering , today?", Arjuna said between chuckles. 

They reached Krishnaa's Mahal and to their utter astonishment, the kids were quieter than they could have ever imagined in their wildest dreams. Krishnaa stood still at the door of the main chamber suite for a few moments, tensed and suspicious.  "What makes them THIS quiet? I can't believe!", she whisper-exclaimed. The tension was setting it claws on Arjuna's heart as well when Krishna smiled and said in a lightly humorous tone, "I wonder if they trying to win the world through silence, for once." Both Krishnaa and Arjuna frowned, no word of their Sakha ever had just one meaning.

Krishnaa silently opened the door and the three stepped in. The sight in front, stunned them.

Abhimanyu, Pragya and Shrutakirti were sitting on the floor; cross-legged, hands on their knees, eyes closed and their faces painted with soul-deep concentration and serenity. Pragati and Veermaan were at a little distance, doing the same; though they could see the concentration on these two very small kids' faces waver a bit -- probably they had smelled their mother in there. But, so had the other three. However, they looked as serene as ascetics. No... As serene as the angels that they were.

Krishnaa slowly went to them and slowly kept a hand on Abhi's shoulder. His bright hazel eyes opened. However, Krishnaa couldn't muster the courage to look into them, she knew what she'll find there. She continued the process with Priu and Kirti too. Finally, as all three of them opened their eyes, Krishnaa could see it in Abhi and Priu's eyes.