True Evil

Arjuna slowly stepped back to restrain himself from doing something he might regret, though he wasn't sure if he would regret it now. Still. He has questions whose answers he needs to find out. It was time to really start making good utilization of this blue-throat of his and get to some real work. He slowly looked ahead, at the distance, at nothing; as his supposed God-father got up to his feet. 

Arjuna's P.O.V.:

So.... what next?! I really had no idea what to do. With every passing moment it was becoming increasingly difficult to contain my fury. Preparing a mental list, just to make sure I didn't lose my sanity, I decided that first I needed to get rid of whatever curse was there, which would be got done in no time with just a look at the current colour of my throat. Secondly, I needed to get back to my true Karmabhoomi. I had only discovered the true evil; no real work had even begun..

Author's P.O.V.:

"Lord... Would you please be generous enough to just let me take you to the congregation and let them all know the truth? I think that will mean that they would also come to know that you know the brutal truth that everyone has been trying to hide for all these years. And, that curse can be easily overridden. And, maybe, Agnidev might have something to talk to you about..", Indradev spoke softly, a little fear and lot of respect and guilt evident in his damp voice.

Agnidev's name helped him calm down the rising flames of his fury, a bit. This Deva is certainly someone he would forever be grateful towards. But this time, the Gandeev seemed to have been struck off the list of causes for his gratefulness. He would be grateful to this man for being the kind and good father to his beloved; unlike her previous birth-father. He would be grateful to him for bringing his beloved back into his existence, for creating her yarn of life beside his, which Madhav later helped in weaving up together. He would be grateful to this man for giving his beloved back to him in the exact morphological form of Sati.. What more reasons could he ever need to be boundlessly grateful to a person? He nodded to his waiting God-father, still a bit detached and distant. But, they were used to with the Mahadev being detached and distant. The gap between Arjuna and Shiva was narrowing considerably.

As they walked towards the congregation, all heads turned towards them, including Urvashi's. As she glared hard at the man, the first man, who has rejected her, she suddenly noticed something odd. What was it with his throat? Her curious eyes searched all around to find a distinguished source of reflection that gave the divine blue radiance to his throat, and within a few short moments she realized that the radiance wasn't from an external source; it was glowing from the inside out. Her eyes widened, as she gasped under the tremendous weight of the guilt mounting down upon her. What has she done?! She had tried her antics on the God of Gods himself?! To what level has she stooped that she had been so unable to recognize him?! But before she could think of anything more, she found herself running down the slightly raised dais towards him and the next moment she was a little away in front of him, bowing down, her hands folded in a namaste and tears dampening her eyes. She apologized as sincerely as she possibly could, "Oh Great Lord Neelkanth, I didn't realize what I was doing when I did it. I have sinned and please forgive me for that. I am ready to endure any punishment that you might assign to me. Further, I withdraw the senseless curse. Oh! My destiny! How could I, unknowingly commit such a grave sin My Lord?!" However, the man she was apologizing to was used to forgiving grave sinners in return of nothing but the hope that they might become better people. His wife has further nourished and built up this within him. For a very short moment he thought of how forgiving she had been towards the people who had mistreated her in some unthinkable ways, and then he opened his eyes and just said softly, "I forgive you", as a serene smile decorated his face.