Uloopi

Arjun had moved south constantly. Down the West, he has annexed the territories of Baghelkhand, Rohilkhand, Bagar, Bundelkhand, Satara, Kannad and other west Deccan territories. He had sent troops to the central part of North Deccan. The specialized troops, easily annexed the tribal inhabited regions of Vindhya and Satpura, while Arjun crossed the Narmada Valley. Finally the two parts united a little above the Godavari Valley. 

Today morning only, they have reached the Godavari valley. Arjun decided to camp here. As he descended from his horse, patted on its back -- appreciating and caressing it for all the hardships it has undergone for him and all the bravery that it has shown, and was moving out of the campsite, his Pradhan Sena Adhyaksha came up to him. "Pranipaat Rajkumaar", he greeted. "Pranipaat", Arjun greeted back. "Rajkumar, do you really think that it is a good decision to camp her?," then lowering his voice further, he continued, "This area is dominated by the Naags...", and a scared expression masked his face. Arjun looked up at him. After a while, he smirked. " It's good... I have always told you to choose your enemies wisely. As far as my preference goes, the wiser the enemy, the easier it is for me to defeat them.." He then smirked again and winked. Leaving the Sena Adhyaksha to his own wonder, Arjun strolled away towards to Godavari banks. It's early morning, and he would love to pay some Arghya to Arthanarishwara in the river, for THEM --- for him and his Krishnaa, who are so inseparable entities , just like Arthanarishwara. 

His hand automatically reaches his waist band's secret pocket, where he always treasures her payal. He slowly brings that out, while the diamonds shine under the first rays of the sun. Arjun closes his eyes for a moment and wonders, how his Krishnaa must also be gleaming in her regal ethereal beauty, under the first rays of the sun.

Krishnaa has just woken up from her longer-than-usual sleep. She squinched her eyes shut as the sunrays fell straight on her face. Then she slowly opened them, her blue eyes glowing under the sun, her face gleaming like the morning sun itself. Arjun clenched his fist around the payal, not wanting to welcome the thought of his Krishnaa far from him, this morning, with the sun touching her face, and not he himself. 

Arjun put the payal back in the place ,where it has been for the past one year. He went ahead to the river bank. He slowly descended down into the river till the water reached a little below his waist.

 A little distance apart, the Naag princess Uloopi watched this divinely handsome man with all her wonder. She gaped at his masculine form, his toned and tanned muscles, glowing like bronze under the sun's rays. Indeed Purshottam. She has been craving to see him, since her secret messenger informed her yesternight that Mahanayak Arjun has come here for a conquest. Uloopi doesn't mind the conquest. He isn't some tyrannical demon...... he is Divine....

She had her mind set. She needed him. She stepped into the water silently. 

Arjun was praying to Arthanarishwara with his eyes closed and his trademark concentration. However he could see more of his Krishnaa's ethereally beautiful face, her gleaming blue eyes, her pink lips, her shining noseline, the shining pearl he gifted her.... and less of the Arthanarishwara idol.... He eventually was drowning in her trance, her heavenly blue lotus fragrance tantalizing him, yet again, when he suddenly felt a downward pull into the water. Before he could resist, some magic numbed his response. Krishnaa felt an unusual uneasiness gripping her senses as her hands began to shake while doing the Arthanarishwara Aarti. Kunti immediately took the Sata-pradeep from her hands and made her sit down. Krishnaa looked at the united Shiva-Shakti idol and prayed with almost desperation, " Please let him be safe..."

Arjun soon found himself in an underwater palace. He was astonished to find how he could breathe and look around, without the water even touching him.  The serpent princess let go of her hold on him. She signaled him towards the nearby couch. Arjun was quite bewildered by this act of the Naag princess, still he decided to retain his calm. He looked straight into her green eyes, his angry gaze almost penetrating into her. Uloopi came in front of him. She held his hands. Arjun was getting more and more baffled with every next move of the princess. "Purshottam... I have been waiting for you ever since I heard of you. I knew you'll come here to conquest , some day or the other. Arjun... I really love you and here I present my heart to you. Marry me and make me your partner in the journey of life..." This made Arjun's rage cross the enforced boundaries. He freed his hands from hers and stood up, is  rage boiling from his core. "You have lost your senses princess. You are a princess, a lady. What makes you lose your self respect like this and offer yourself to an absolute stranger. Forget about your side. I am a married man, totally committed to my only wife-- the only love of my life. I can't betray her at any cost. And, in case you already don't know, she is the Divine daughter of Agni--- Yagyaseni , and I proudly identify myself to be Yagyaseni Draupadi's husband. I already have the best ever possible life partner, in all possible senses, so I find no reason to accept your this indecent proposal..."                                                                                                                                                                                     Uloopi stood up. Tears pricked the back of her eyes. But she could understand Arjun's mind too. His love was driving him crazy, just the way her love was driving her crazy. "I get your point. Your love for her is driving you this crazy on this simple statement. Similarly my love for you is driving me equally crazy. We belong to the same square, Prince. Love isn't a sin. I am not losing my self respect, just lowering my ego. Secondly, I not asking you to betray your love. You love her, fine. She stays your wife even if I become your wife. Your love for her doesn't reduce, even if you accept my love." Arjun stayed silent, his face straight. No way. Krishnaa will be shattered. Uloopi read his thought on his face. Then she picked up her last weapon.                                                         Uloopi approached a side table. She picked up a small bronze container held it up, drawing Arjun's attention. "This is Kaal naag's poison, the only poison that can kill a Naag. Either you accept my love or I accept death." Arjun was really shocked. He realized that he has to pull an end to his predicament, no matter what. This will massively hurt his Krishnaa, but he will somehow make her understand. She is a reasonable and intelligent lady. He can't let a lady lose her life for him. Arjun raised a palm, signaling her to stop. Uloopi slowly kept the container down. Then Arjun extended his hand to her. Uloopi's eyes became dewy. She clutched his hand with both her hands, while Arjun frowned trying to gauge her expression. 

Uloopi took him to the bed. They sat down. Uloopi gradually removed his Uttariya, then his jewelries. As soon as she touched his waistband, he stopped her. Krishnaa's payal. Arjun slowly took out the payal and kept it delicately on the side stand, as if he was keeping away his Krishnaa, to submit himself in the hands of some other woman. Arjun closed his eyes. He, as usual, saw Krishnaa's beautiful blue eyes, but, this time , the eyes were filled with tears. Arjun was horrified. No. He almost dragged himself to the bed. They lied down. Uloopi touched his face. Arjun closed his eyes. The moment she led his hand to her waist, and he touched her with his eyes closed, all he could feel under his skin was the silky skin of Krishnaa's waist. Arjun fluttered open his eyes. And his eyes caught the pair of shining eyes in front of him--- Krishnaa's shining blue eyes. Her aroma lingered to him, tantalizing him. He hugged her, his Krishnaa occupying all his senses; his mind, his soul completely submitted to his Krishnaa. 

In her chamber, Krishnaa suddenly sat up on her bed, sweating, Malini ran to her. "Sakhi.. Rajmata asked you to rest. Lay down. You became almost unconscious during the Aarti." She almost pushed Krishnaa back, to lie down. Krishnaa  closed her eyes, and soon dozed off to sleep. In her dreams, she felt her Phalguni, with her, near her, pouring in all his love to her. He is hers, forever. Her fear was lost in the mists of her dreams. " Phalguni..." , she muttered in her sleep, and a tear  escaped both her and her Arjun's eyes....

Next morning, the moment Arjun woke up, he made his mind to leave. "Uloopi, there's no way I can take you with me, please.." he apologized. " I know.. No grudges.. You may leave..You have accepted my love, and that's enough.." Uloopi replied. Arjun immediately got ready. As he touched the payal, a wave of guilt passed through him. "I'm sorry Krishnaa..." He whispered, another tear leaving his eye.... Arjun reached the campsite. The sena Pradhan came running, " Rajkumar where were you??!!! We were so tensed..." Arjun calmed him down.. " I was alright, just out for a work.. Don't worry..." He moved into his tent, and collapsed on the floor, clutching the payal to his heart. As is he needed that to live. He needed her to survive, atleast a sign of hers.

As usual Krishnaa did the Aarti to Arthanarishwara. She was infact feeling better than usual. He was there with her last night, her face gleaming at his intense love.