The first meet

"Putri... There's an invitation for you to go to Hastinapur on the occasion of Deepawali... from the Queens Kunti and Gandhari... As you know.. the royals were present here at the time of your birth.. and.. moreover Rajguru Dron is your Father's dear friend... So.. we would like you to set off with Dhri by tomorrow..".. the Queen said all in a breath...
Draupadi giggled as soon as she finished the sentence, much to the astonishment of everyone present in the chamber... "Oh maa... Why were you racing with your words?!?... It's okay... I will surely go.." she said, smiling. And then pranaming everybody , she left the room...
Dhrishtadyumn remarked with a broad smile..," Oops.. who expected that Drau wil be so quick to agree?!" "Arreyy Dhrishtadyumn , when the Almighty has destined their meeting he himself will arrange for it too..." Krishna made it known, making everyone else in the room burst into peals of laughter...

Hastinapur had geared up in the festive mood of Deepawali... There was light everywhere... The stars lit up the sky to make up for the absence of the moon, the diyas lined the streets, the royal palace...
Arjun was doing his quick last minute prep-ups for the occassion... He usually doesn't do a lot of grooming. He was in his usual whites, just a little gold zari work was added. Suddenly he was so surprised that he almost choked in air, as he saw the reflection of Krishna on the mirror..
" Relax Sakha... Hold on to your life, someone else will be here to surprise you soon.." Krishna teased with his usual mysterious smile..
Arjun has by that time recovered himself. He laughed in his Madhav's typical mysterious joke. "Who can elate me more than you by their mere presence??" He retorted with his characteristic word-web, which were smooth to use only with his Sakha, because he only understood those and could reply to those swiftly...
"She can... You think I don't know..huh?" Krishna mischievously answered...
Arjun immediately knew who he was talking about. He has never told him about his trances and dreams, but only because, he always knew them.... He kept silent as his lips curved up to an unknown smile...

"Ahann.. Parth... Kya hua? May I know the reason behind that smile... You don't smile that brightly for welcoming me!"
"Welcoming her!!.. She is coming!!!!" Arjun could not help the excitement in his voice as his wristband fell from his hand.. Krishna came forward smiling, picked up the wrist band and handing it over to Parth whispered," YES"... Arjun didn't know exactly why, but a rush of emotions flowed down his whole body, making him close his eyes for a moment... The poet and artiste within him was peeking from behind the warrior's shield...

"Bhaiyya, this is Subhadra , my Dear Sakhi from the Kannyavaas... " Duhshala merrily introduced Subhadra to Arjun... Arjun smiled a sober smile at her. His eyes were searching for someone else... Subhadra was too stunned to see that the Mahayoddha Arjun was not just excelling in warrior skills but beauty too... He looked more like some God with all perfectly sculpted features and his tanned skin glowing radiantly. His white and gold attire made all the glow more heavenly. How can somebody be just so perfect and so gifted?--- looks, talent, skills, bravery, mind and heart -- all inside out... She was nearly gaping at an absent minded Arjun when Nakul cleared his voice. Subhadra bowed her head, blushing while Arjun immediately shifted his attention towards Nakul and gave him a "SHUT UP" look.. Nakul smirked and looked away innocently.

Arjun found his way to his Sakha and asked with his eyes, "Where?" . Krishna just raised a palm, asking him to be patient. He then winked and silently left to meet the elders.

All the Kuruvansh elders were sitting together and having a merry time discussing the soon to be success of their plan... Krishna entered the zone with Subhadra...
The whole function was arranged in a newly decorated garden just outside the palace.. There were fountains and diyas everywhere... The garden was filled with the fragrance of various flowers... The Pandava brothers had taken their place out of their alloted zone and seats, near a fountain... " So , Nakul, how many girls stared at you today?" Bheem teased.. "Bhratashri, girls WILL stare at ME only naah.. not the great brikodar atleast.. Because they are really scared of him.." The five brothers laughed in unison, even Yudhishthir... Suddenly Duhshala came up with Subhadra and Krishna followed.. They immediately stood up seeing the trio approach..
"Bhaiyya", Duhshala came running to Arjun and hugged him.. "Oh!! So may I please get to know why my little sister is suddenly buttering me so much??" Arjun said with a teasing smile..
Duhshala made a face as if her theft has been caught.
"Okay okay... Actually bhaiyya I just came to say that...... We... Actually Su-Subhadra wants... That... I mean we both... Actually all of us want... That... Mmm.. we... Want you to ...play the veena.... " Duhshala finally completed her sentence stuttering and sweating all along, as everyone standing there burst into laughter .....
"This much!?.. that much nervousness for this much demand... !! Not just!! Obviously I will.. my dear sister wants me to... And.. by the way... The artiste within me doesn't get much chances of expression.. you know..." Arjun chuckled...
They all went ahead to the zone where all the musical instruments had been kept and musicians had come from various near and distant places. Before starting, Arjun took the blessings of all the elders one by one...