Breaking the Walls

In a week, the Pandavas with their wives and Kunti left for Indraprasth. As Krishnaa was setting out, Gandhari just said a line of advice to her, "Dear, I understand your predicament. Even I have gone through a worse situation, when Arya had conjugated with my own Sakhi, to obtain a son. Still I forgave him in the name of love. I just want to tell you that Arjun can't be regarded as a sinner since he has never betrayed you from his heart, thus, I am not even comparing him to Arya. Moreover, never let go of what is yours. He is yours, and why should you just let go of your rights on him. Love goes by forgiveness.. Think over it.. A second chance isn't that bad..." 

Krishnaa has  thought of it all her way to Indraprasth. Sakha will be coming to Indraprasth in  a few days. 

Although she is quite dejected over Sakha's deed, still the news of his arrival delighted her. Krishna was welcomed in Indraprasth with great luxuries and pomp. Subhadra touched his feet. "How are you feeling in your new home, dear? Parth is keeping you happy, na?", Krishna asked Subhadra with a smile. Subhadra smiled back, "Yes Bhratashree. How can I not be happy when my husband is the Purshottam Arjun??" The siblings shared a hearty laugh. Krishna's eyes fell on Arjun. His face was absolutely dejected and emotionless. Krishna approached him, and took his hands in his, "I will talk to her. Just never lose hope and never let go of her. She will forgive you. But , you know what, sometimes you need to impose your love... I hope you understand. But before that, you will have to make her open up. You need to make her vent out her frustration. That's the only way you can win her back...." Arjun saw a ray of hope after much long. He can, and he will; at all possible costs.

"Sakhi...." Krishna called, as he stood at the door of Draupadi's chamber. Krishnaa turned back. She felt like leaving her seat and running to him and venting out all her dejection. But, she won't. He is the similar kind of betrayer as Arjun. She immediately looked away, "Come in..", she called, as she set his seat on the couch. Krishna entered the room. "Sakhi.. " he called out again. "Ha..", she answered, still averting eye contact. Krishna was on the mission to break down her cold walls, any how. "Talk to me Sakhi...", he urged. Krishnaa fished out the uttariya that she had made for him, from her wardrobe. Handing it over to him, she said, "I made this, for you.." Krishna just took it , without a word, though its beauty and the devotion with which his Sakhi has made  it, fluttered him. Krishnaa took a seat on another guest couch in the chamber. Silence pervaded for a few long moments. Krishna's silence really disappointed Krishnaa. She had expected at least some sort of apology or consolation, or something. "Don't you like it... or would have you liked it more, had the maker been your sister, rather than your so-called Sakhi..", at last Krishnaa vented a bit. Krishna knew this was the cue he was waiting for. "Never..", he nearly exclaimed. "Never call my friendship atleast 'so-called'.... It is one of my purest feelings ever..". "Really..? Then I must say that you didn't even consider me as a friend, ever. It was always your Partha nd your Sister, who mattered.. I never did..", Krishnaa retaliated, a severe dejection crumbling each word of hers. The two looked up at each other and there was a silent battle between the two pairs of eyes, as the atmosphere heated up. Krishnaa slowly walked up to Krishna. Taking the uttariya back from his hand, she held out a diya close to it. Her eyes never blinked once, as tears clouded them, and the flame approached the fabric. "It never mattered, just like the others...", Krishnaa whispered, her voice broken. Just before the cloth caught the fire, Krishna flung away the lamp from her hand. The uttariya fell from her trembling hands, as she collapsed on the floor. Krishna held her by her shoulders, as she trembled, her held back tears making their way down her cheeks. "Shshh, sakhi... calm down..". Krishnaa immediately shrugged off Krishna's hands from her shoulders. "Don't try to sweet-talk me. I don't need your consolation, or your Parth's mercy. I loved him and respected you so much, and this is how you pay back?! Now I get it.. When my father had asked for all the possible pain and sufferings for his daughter, even the Heavens had agreed. At every step of life, I have been time and again, made to realise, how much unwanted I was... I trusted two people the most, and they betrayed me in the name of some other people's wishes. Fine. Let all the others' lives matter. I no longer find any reason for survival. I better leave you all to yourselves, to peace...." , she wrecked into continuous sobs. Krishna was at a loss of words. He didn't know how to reply. "Sakhi... I am so immensely sorry. So is Parth. You would probably never know how much you mean to us. Especially to Parth. You are his reason for survival. You were his reason of survival, even when he was away from you. He loves you too much, Sakhi... He can't sustain without you and your love. He has never married any other woman out of desire of love, but simply out of immense compulsion of the unavertably complicated situations. Forgive me, please.... Give him one second opportunity please, Sakhi...." , Krishna almost begged. Krishnaa slowly wiped her tears and got up. "I will, try to... But only on one condition...", she said, to Krishna's much relief. "What condition?" "You have to take this..", she said , handing over the uttariya to Krishna. "Its beautiful..", Krishna gasped, as he opened it fully and had a good look at it.. The two friends shared a laugh, and half of the war was over.