The Calm Before the Storm

The ladies had left the chamber, and Krishnaa was spending time with the five kids. The other kids of the family also love her but not nearly as much as these five. Arjun entered the chamber silently, though, his wife knew his presence immediately and she looked up at him and smiled warmly. Arjun sat beside her on the corner of the bed, which was totally occupied by the kids and their toys. "We had a great re-union.. I mean.... Me, Subhadra, Alli and Duhshala...", she couldn't help the excitement in her voice. Arjun smiled with a tad of disbelief. This lady must be knowing magic. What a combination for a reunion!

Arjun stared at Abhimanyu for a while longer, who was busy playing with his favourite playmate, Pragya. These two were totally inseperable. The thought brought a smile to his face. "Arya... Why are you smiling, just like that??", Krishnaa asked, quite baffled. Arjun suddenly dropped the question, topmost in his mind, "I wonder, how is Abhi so connected to you.. more than Subhadra... See, he even calls you Maai.. like your own biological kids... " Krishnaa smiled, then shrugged childishly and answered, "I guess you should know the answer better than me, and I should be the one asking you the question and not the other way round... " Suddenly, Arjun knew the reason.

He inched a little closer to Krishnaa on the bed and then said in a voice only meant for her to hear, "I do know. Everytime I was with someone else, it was you who occupied my mind, heart and soul. Especially, while in Dwarka, I was missing you like anything... So, all my kids are ironically yours in mind and soul..." Krishnaa eyes were already moist.  He held her hands in his, his warmth seeping through their skins to meet hers. They knew it well, that a terrific storm was approaching, but it was their time to gear up with all their strength. Krishnaa would again start practising tomorrow onwards. Every morning, before sunrise, before anyone else wakes up. She needed to know her sword and her moves a little more, with her new trainer.. her husband.

They didn't have much more time before the real war would begin. This war would mean total annihilation and uprootment of the Kauravas and Adharma and the establishment of Dharma in Aryavart. Moreover, the Rajsuya is near, in two weeks. The rituals have already begun, and they would have to finish the training and gearing up within these seven days. The next seven days will witness the most dangerous and destructive war the world has ever seen. Arjun also needs to sharpen his years of training. It's also time to sit with Madhav and decide the warground. They'll also have to send Pragya away to Baghelkhand. Arjun has already informed Saiba. Krishnaa will accompany Pragya. However, this journey will be very very unique. Pragya's departure has been decided on the day of the commencement of the real war. Balram would be informed about all this, along with the other Pandav brothers, in tonight's meeting, where only Arjun, Krishna, Draupadi, Balram and the other Pandava Brothers will be present. It's Krishnaa's time to truly turn into Yajnaseni.

While Krishnaa was immersed in these thoughts, Arjun's mind drifted off to that unknown enemy his instincts were warning him about. Who knows who it is?!....

Suddenly, both of their thoughts were interrupted as their eyes fell on the barely four years old Priu. She would soon have to live without her parents. Her journey would begin very soon. Her journey to grow up into the Pragya that the world needed, not just Aryavart. Both of their eyes glistened, as they stared at their daughter, giggling merrily with Abhi, Kirti, Pragati and Veer. It would be the tragic end of Abhi's innocent laughter-filled childhood too. In Pragya's absence, he would also grow up to be the valorous Abhimanyu whom the world awaited. An unwanted volt of guilt coursed through them. For a moment, both of them felt that it would have been so much better if they'd have been commoners-- that peace is so precious. But they next moment they cursed themselves, remembering that they were the incarnations of Shiv and Shakti. Their story would end with the final union of Shiv-Shakti, as well as Lakshmi-Narayan, in the form of Radha-Krishn on the other hand. 

"What is the significance of this secret meeting, Kanha?", an eagerly waiting, as well as apprehensive Balram enquired, as the Pandavas, along with the two Yadava brothers congregated in a secret meeting chamber in Draupadi's Mahal. Krishna signaled Balram to calm down with a pacifying look in his eyes. Arjun turned towards the door, waiting patiently for the Fire-born to step in. The door opened slightly, as Krishnaa stepped in. Momentarily all the men were left surprised, obviously other than Arjun and Krishna, who smirked. This was the real fiery goddess. Krishnaa was clad in a white saree worn in the signature warrior fashion, which she followed before her marriage.  All of the men in the room looked at her and then at each other, and then stood up. Krishnaa bowed. They all were now nothing but warriors-- stringent warriors. The meeting began.

The news of Pragya's departure in the near future was like a shocking thunderbolt to all the others, except the golden trio. Their eyes also moistened, but they knew that they had to harden their hearts, for Priu's welfare, especially Krishnaa had to. 

"So... what's the synopsis of the plot?", Sahadev asked. Arjun began narrating, "At first I had thought of punishing those rascals after the Rajsuya. But, they are making another deviously wicked plot now, so, we will have to make haste. They are tying alliance with Takshak. Takshak has been harbouring a strong grudge against us since the Khandava Dahan, and here he is... To avenge..." Arjun paused, giving the others some time to digest this whole set of new information. Even Krishnaa didn't know about this. The omnipotent Krishna obviously knows everything, but this was the first time Arjun was revealing this to them. "How did you come to know about this?", Krishnaa asked, quite curious to know the answer. "I was suspecting since long that some new enemy is coming into the picture. Rekha isn't the one to sit quiet without avenging the death of her scoundrel of a son. Moreover, Pitashree--- Indradev, informed me about this background dark plot in a secret divine letter." This answered not just Krishnaa's but everyone's query. Arjun continued, "So, this Amavasya, which is just seven days later, Krishnaa will leave with Nakul, to take Priu to Baghelkhand. Saiba is waiting, and we've already discussed it all with her. She will take very good care of Priu. It's almost like the Gurukul system. We all had to go through that phase, she'll also have to. It's time we harden our hearts..." Arjun ended the sentence looking at Krishnaa, who will actually have to fight the real battle while leaving her most beloved child in the hands of someone else. But they will have to do it. The last few lines Arjun spoke was almost like an attempt to pacify himself. All the eyes in the room moistened...

After a while Arjun finally cleared his throat, pulling everyone as well as himself out of a melancholic trance. He continued, "Takshak is supposed to launch the attack on Indraprasth exactly seven days after that. And, that very night itself we will also launch the war in the most decisive form. Dau, inform your Sena Nayak to arrive in the Northern borders with the Narayani Sena. I will send eagle messages to all our subsidiary states within tonight, and I hope they all will be more than eager to help.."
Nakul suddenly asked, "But Bhaiyya Takshak's attack will be something aided by Maya... How will we stop that?" Arjun smirked and looked towards Krishnaa. "No Maya works in front of Mahamaya.." The statement left Nakul more confused.

The time to express their true selves to the world has come. Arjun, Krishnaa and Krishna exchanged glances and mysterious smirks.