(Spin-off Series 1) NIGHTMARES

Dearest Readers,

I had promised to bring out some spin-offs of the original fanfiction story, and that's why I didn't official tag the book as 'Completed'. Thereafter, in the lack of any spin-off suggestions from you all and getting some positive feedbacks regarding the character of Ashok Sundari from a few, also due to my own curious liking for the character, I finally decided to start a short spin-off series on her. It took me a few days to think and come up with an idea that I found really interesting, and I finally made it a point to try. So, this is the first chapter of the first short spin-off series of LOVE:To Infinity And Beyond. For now, this, and any more spin-off series or one-shots that I may write revolving around this book (only because I think you all have given this book lots and lots of love) , will be published as parts of this book only. Later on, depending on circumstances and response, I might publish it all separately as a spin-off book. Let's see...

For now, I'll stop blabbering and let you all enjoy the first chapter of this spin-off series. It's a mythology+modern world mix-up, and it's the first time I'm trying this out. So, try it, be kind (Ha ha) and vote only if you really like, because I'm gonna take votes kinda seriously in the spin-offs. 

Feel free to comment or message me the feedback...

Happy reading,
Bristi <3

___________________

SPIN-OFF SERIES 1: Of Love, Beauty And Imagination

Chapter 1 : Nightmare

"I love you...", the husky voice whispered in her ear; sending lovable shivers down her spine. "Mhm...", her reply was light, playful even; but soaked in and dripping with love.

Their hands intertwined. His warm touch elicited the buzz of a warm light that glowed off the surface of her skin.

She giggled in pure delight.

Ashok Sundari shot up straight on the tremendously large and luxurious bed that occupied only a tenth of the space of her huge room. Her clammy and sweaty hands gripped the light-crimson silk bed-sheet threateningly tight, as her perfect shiny nails succeeded in piercing a single hole in it.

She breathed in, and out. In, and out. In, and out.

Calm. Calm. Calm. She chanted the mantra in her head, in a tough attempt to calm down her racing her and ragged breathing. The breathing exercise wasn't working too well.

Sweat matted stray stands of her glorious golden-brown hair to her forehead, that was just as warm as her hands were cold. She could practically feel her own sweat-beads roll down her bare back and arms, across her golden-ish complexioned, wax-smooth skin. It glowed with the natural very much unearthly light that shined from within her self, reminding her of her identity.

Right. Her identity.

She was a Goddess, not some insignificant random human.

Not even some insignificant, random Goddess. She was the daughter of the Lord of Lords - Shiva, and the Supreme Divine Lady - Sati; or Parvati, as the mortals nowadays preferred to call her.

What was she otherwise? She wondered, like many times before. Wasn't she just another insignificant Goddess otherwise?

Well, that wasn't a thinkable option, right? She wouldn't even have existed without her parents. Therefore, no use thinking about such a hopelessly lost cause. Moreover, wasn't it good that she was the daughter of the two most powerful immortals in existence?