Apart

"Arya..." Subhadra called Arjun as she entered his chamber. Arjun woke up from his daze and turned back to look at her. She was wearing the green attire and jewelries that Krishnaa gave her. Suddenly, it hit him.  He had gifted this to her as the Vivaah Shagun, though after the real marriage took place, still.... Why?? She didn't need to punish him this miserably. Maybe, Subhadra expected some compliment, but Arjun was too low for that... So many things haunting him at the same time-- he was mad at himself, disappointed at Krishnaa's deed, hating himself, longing for Krishnaa, apprehensive of the Hastinapur visit, worried about Krishnaa's health... and so many things... He looked up at the moon, and silently prayed for this phase of his life to get over as soon as possible. He no longer 'wanted' her, he needed her for his basic survival.
Two days later, the Pandavas with their wives and Kunti left for Hastinapur. Arjun didn't even realise when two extremely gloomy and disappointing days passed by. All he could think of was a reunion, at any possible cost.
The Pandavas were welcomed in Hastinapur grandly. Mahamahim Bhishm and Guru Dron presented a new title to Arjun -- Dhananjaya, with respect to his win-win Bharatvarsh conquest, which had brought most of the subcontinent under the rule of Indraprasth. Indraprasth's wealth also knew no bounds. Still, Arjun could not be happy...
After the second day's lunch, which was prepared by Draupadi herself, she decided to take a stroll in the palace garden to erase her exhaustion a bit. She even forbade Malini or Nitambini to come with her. She was in a desperate need of some solace. So much was happening, and it was all so disappointing that she really needed some lone time to soak all that in. She strolled across the flower beds, when suddenly she heard someone call her, "Draupadi..."

 Draupadi turned around to see Duryodhan, Duhshasan and Karn. Immediately a wave of agitation and rage swept across her. What are these three doing here? 

"Is the Queen worried?", Duhshasan asked with fake concern. "Oh!! She has to be... After all her dear husband has betrayed her. Not once but whole four times...", Karn added, with a mock. "No no Mitra.. Don't talk to her like that. She is already enough disappointed. We don't need to amplify her sorrow. Just one thing disappoints me so much... Is Arjun even a man? Because if he is, how can this lady's marvelous beauty not affect him??!!" Duryodhan mocked. Krishnaa frowned. These people are crossing all possible limits. How dare they!! She can't even retaliate, Phalguni has snatched this power from her!!  Tears clouded her eyes. Suddenly, Duryodhan came near her. "In case you feel lonely, there are so many men who would love to give you some company..", he said wickedly with a wicked chuckle. Krishnaa shot up at him. She was really at a loss of words, as extreme rage coursed down her spine. "I don't think she would need your any of their company when her husband himself is so interested to have her company after 3 long years of staying apart..", Arjun's voice roared from behind. The three knew that they were getting into some trouble, as they hurriedly left. Krishnaa glared back at Arjun. She was getting irritated by his possessiveness now. Had it been before these three years,, she would have really loved his this expression of love. Now, she really doubted his 'love' itself. She hurried forward to leave the garden. "Krishnaa...", he called from behind. Krishnaa just averted it, and left. 

Next day, early in the morning, Duhshala took Krishnaa to the pet rabbits of the palace. Krishnaa was really enjoying herself after quite some time. Suddenly, a little girl appeared. She was most probably the daughter of some servant of the palace. She stood in front of Krishnaa and gasped, as she stared at Krishnaa. Krishnaa laughed at the little girl's antics. She opened her arms and signaled the baby girl to come and sit on her lap. "You are soooo beautiful, Rajkumari..", the little girl exclaimed as she sat on Krishnaa's lap, her big glittering eyes never leaving Krishnaa's face. Krishnaa, Duhshala, Malini, Nitambini and all the others there laughed. Bhanumati entered the internal garden space. "Indeed", she said suddenly, turning all heads towards her, "Your beauty enthralls even me, she is after all a little baby....." Bhanumati said , almost with a sigh. Her words were expected, but her expression surprised Krishnaa a bit. She really needed to give it a thought. From a distance apart, from the other side of the glass walls, Arjun was enjoying this sight, as he wondered how his and Krishnaa's own daughter would suit on her lap. He smiled to himself, as his desperation to win back his Krishnaa grew by manifolds. 

The night darkened. Krishnaa was sitting alone in the chamber. Malini and Nitambini had went to sleep in the respective chamber allotted for them. Krishnaa sat alone on her bed, wondering how good it would have been if she and her Phalguni could really have united.. The next moment the unpleasant imagination of Arjun spending nights with Subhadra in their chamber hit her. She immediately shook off the thought. Who is she to interfere between them? A tear slipped from her eye, slid down her cheek, but before it could touch the ground, it was caught mid-air.. Krishnaa looked up to see Arjun kneeling in front of her. "What are you here for?", she asked, her irritation eveident in her voice. "To save your precious tears from hitting the ground..", Arjun answered, his voice teary. "Really? You really don't need to make more fun out of my life.. you have already mad enough of that...", she turned around to leave the chamber. Arjun caught her wrist. She immediately shook her hand off his grip, but stood back. "Krishnaa you need to hear me out. I didn't betray you out of my own desire, for heaven's sake...", he urged in frustration. "Could you please leave the room... Trust me , I am not in a mood to hear out your lame excuses for betraying me. I already hate you enough for that...". That four letter word, pierced his heart. Arjun left the room immediately. He needed to give some more time for her rage to calm down a bit. He needs to wait a bit more.. Also, Hastinapur isn't the best of choices of place for their reunion. He also needed some moral boost-up, which only his Madhav could give him...