A Game

So, the previous chapter was a bit tedious; I had to do the quick surf into the Author's P.O.V. , because writing that part from any character's P.O.V. was indeed a little difficult. 

Whatsoever, I just need all your feedbacks to keep me going. This chapter will finally give us a glimpse into the most awaited 'game', guess what kind of 'game'?! Though, no worries, nothing catastrophic is going to happen. Will Krishnaa be able to get rid of Shakuni and steer herself clear of any false allegations at the same time? What is Shakuni plotting? 

As they say....

Stay tuned... (;

_______________________________________________________________________________

Krishnaa's P.O.V.:

I checked and straightened the folds of my angavastram to complete perfection. The two small hidden daggers were in the right places, and my sword was visibly at the right place. Kaustav, as per the plans, followed me into the Guest Quarters' main complex. 

Author's P.O.V.:

Shakuni sat at the window, staring out into the darkness of the evening. 'Darkness' of this evening. Huh! What an irony! 

The memories of those innocent days of smoking chillum with his friends, back in Gandhar; those carefree days of childhood, came floating back to him. Then, that wretched Bheeshma, this wretched Hastinapur , the famous Kuru clan and their imperial policies appeared in their lives like a passerby dark cloud -- a special one, that only blocks the sunlight, causes thunder and lightning; but doesn't bathe the ground in soothing rain-showers. How long has he suffered in this dark cavern called a life, where he has been deprived of the view of his dearest sister's innocent, beautiful brown eyes? He remembered the day when a four-year-old him had first sighted those magical eyes and fallen for their spell. He had promised  to himself to be the best brother he could possibly be, to her; to protect her and love her till his last breath. But.....

His whole family was killed for a so-called sin, which was actually just a protest, a justified protest against a real sin. Why would his sister have to deprive her life of all the light? Just because she had fallen in such a chaste , almost holy, love with a perpetually blind man, who she hadn't even caught a glimpse of; just because she was to be his wife?!

He couldn't think any more. His sister was far too sweet and innocent to understand the filthy politics of these shrewd people. And his nephew...! His nephew! These five Godly cousins of his have molded him towards the good. Great! He wanted to let out a sarcastic laughter, and laugh till tears stung his eyes. Good. Hilarious! First, the excruciatingly, heartbreakingly beautiful wife of that Arjuna, who was almost making his intended task of separating and burning down the Kuru clan to ashes much more difficult, counseled, rather brain-washed Duryodhan into 'Suyodhan', made him, as well as Angraj her brothers; and now, Arjuna turns out to be some prophesized incarnate of Lord Shiva! Like, really

Well, speaking of Draupadi.. He might not be one to lust after her, but that doesn't mean he can't take a note of her excruciating beauty, and heartbreaking charms. He always had a feeling that it was not just her perfectly sculpted features, it is the blend of enticing femininity and a burning aura that lift her above all the others. For one moment, a flash of an image of Draupadi with a shining sword in hand, occupied his mind. Even more beautiful than her normal form, he thought, before quickly shaking his head and eliminating that thoroughly improper image.

 But, Arjuna and the Lord! He has to believe that, given his new divinely blue throat; but that doesn't mean that he has to kneel down in front of Him and his best friend, who is rumored to be the incarnate of Lord Vishnu himself. Well, then there must also be a  Brahma incarnate somewhere. He couldn't help but smirk at the ironic ridiculousness of the scenario.