Vijaya

Dron looked at the war scars on his shoulders. This can't be anyone but his Arjun. He gaped at the yuvaan. His hazel eyes at once informed him that it was for sure his Arjun. He muttered under his breath, " Arjun"... By this time, even Bheeshm has understood that it was his favourite grandson.

Arjun took the arrow from the tuneer beside. He looked into Krishnaa's intense blue eyes for a moment and then at the target. He set the arrow at the bow.
He set his eyes on the target. The whole sabha gasped. Then finally he set free the arrow and it swiftly hit the fish's eye. A shower of flowers were let down on Arjun. He shifted his intense gaze from the fish's eyes to Krishnaa's, who blushed crimson and bent down her head. His bride...

Malini and Nitambini came over and took Krishnaa by her hands to the arena. Another daasi brought the lotus garland in a golden tray. Drupad and Krishna blessed them. Dron's eyes filled with tears. His Shishya. Another feather to Vijaya's crown, rather the brightest gem in his crown.

Krishnaa took up the garland and put it around Arjun's neck. The Pandava brothers rejoiced. All the Brahmans hailed the yuvaan's Vijaya. Then Arjun took the sindur from the tray held beside him and filled his bride, now wife's, maang. She is his. Now she is His. His heart fluttered as he gave it another thought. His Krishnaa. His love...
Then the newly married couple one by one went to the elders and took their blessings. Dron held Arjun. "Arjun.."he whispered. Arjun looked into his Guru's eyes. He was his father after the demise of his father. His eyes also became moist and he hugged him.

Drupad said, "Arjun.. I am so sorry for all my past mistakes. You have accepted my daughter, the maiden born solely for you, and I shall take it as my token of having being forgiven..". Arjun held Drupad's hands and said, "Pitaji, it's not that I have accepted her. Instead it's totally the other way round. And for that I am forever indebted to the lady and to her family who readily married her off to a deprived prince, that too in a beggar's disguise. "
Drupad was moved by the 'pitaji' . The Purshottam calls him his 'Pitaji'?!
Mohini's eyes turned dewy. She hugged the new couple. "Well, Parth, Sakhi.. you guys aren't yet totally 'married'. You know... You need to seek Bua's blessings before you do.." Krishna said in a teasing tone.
"Indeed... As of now, I only have her permission and blessings for the Swayamvar..." Arjun replied in a worried voice..
"Okay... So may I arrange to bring Kunti Devi here?", Dhrishtadyumn asked.
"No Dhri. I'll rather prefer to go to her with Krishnaa and my brothers. The Pandava brothers nodded. "Yes Maharaaj. They should come to Maata and seek her blessings. And then we all together will return here for the formal wedding functions.", Yudhishthir replied. "Fine, then let us arrange for the transport", Shikhandini proposed. "No didi... We'll go the way they have come.. by foot" , Draupadi replied with a smile. At once Arjun knew that this lady hasn't married him solely for the sake of his valour and efficiency, but for their love. Even if he said that they would need to live in the forest amongst hardships althroughout the rest of their life, she would happily nod a yes, knowing that he will be by her side. His Krishnaa... But no. He won't do that. It's time to claim back their rights. But not right now. Let the news of their marriage make the announcement of the Pandavas' comeback, all over Aryavart.

"See my dear... They are gossiping so much in the name of seeking blessings. I smell something fishy. Or else how can a simple Brahman yuvaan hit the fish's eye??" , Shakuni provoked Duryodhan. This sparked in his mind. Right.. This man actually wasn't what he was proclaiming himself to be.
As the Pandavas along with Draupadi were about to step out of the sabha amongst hails and flower shower, Duryodhan's voice raised above the crowd, "Wait!! Who are you to take the maiden away like this?! You must be a fraud, Brahman yuvaan!!"
"I may be a fraud. But my valour and efficiency can't be, Rajkumaar!", Arjun retorted, loud and firm.
"How dare you talk to him like this!!", Rukmi exclaimed. "Oh please Raajkumaar Rukmi. You surely don't want me to show your place, here, in front of everyone..." Krishna mocked him shut.
Arjun was about to leave through the gateway, when suddenly an enraged Duryodhan ran towards him with his sword. Dhri intended to pick up his weapon. Krishna stopped him," You don't attack a guest Dhrishtadyumn.." he said calmly with a smile.
All this misbehavior by Duryodhan enraged Bheem. He picked up a huge decoratory pillar and got ready to fight . Karn held back Duryodhan and calmed him down, "Mitra, they must be the Pandavas. All the signs match. And this is Arjun. Let him have his V-Day. You can think and crush them once they are back, which I think they soon will be..." Karn's words literally shocked Duryodhan. And all thanks to his shock, he stood still while the Pandavas left with Draupadi...