Healing The Wounds

Krishnaa stepped into her chamber to find Rekha staring intently at Arjun, whose face was serene, his eyes closed. She knew what he was feeling-- her fragrance. The thought made her flatter, just the way it has done through all these years. And, with all honesty to herself, Rekha's presence in Their chamber, didn't hurt her. She was now a more matured person, with a clearer and much more developed idea about love... Arjun opened his eyes as his hazels immediately met her crystal blues. Krishnaa smiled, as Rekha's gaze also spotted her, shifting along with Arjun's eyes. Rekha could feel a wave of guilt wash over her, as she realised that the lady smiling at her was the same one whom she had..... She flinched to even recall the immense torture meted out to Her. Krishnaa stood still for a while as the smile threatened to fade away from her face. The dark clouds of memories of those dark days threatened to overpower her current peace of mind. Still, she determinedly held on to her smile, as her eyes shone with a different contempt. Arjun fist tightened and his knuckles whitened, as he could feel his wife's growing unease at the presence of this woman. He felt like laughing aloud, and bitter, as the thought struck him that This woman here was his 'wife' too... What an irony! Krishnaa's eyes drifted off to Arjun, as she could feel the intensifying discomfort and fury within him. She continued to stare at him for another long moment, as his eyes finally caught the signal in hers, and began making the most stringent attempts to calm down himself. Krishnaa slowly approached Rekha, her steps firm but stagnating, as her determination pushed her ahead of her fears. Rekha stood up, more in alarm, than as an etiquette.

"Rekha.." The divine vibrations of her voice reached straight to Rekha's soul. Her old concepts regarding this noble lady shattered in a split moment. She was far away from the filthy words which her son had used... for which he had to lose his life in the hands of his own father... Hoards of emotions filled her heart, as quite a few heart-wrenching memories, immense guilt, remorse and a sheer sense of loss weakened her knees, and she slumped down onto the floor. Arjun stood up in alarm, suspecting some new evil move of hers. Krishnaa raised a palm, asking him to stop. 

Krishnaa slowly sat down and held Rekha's shoulders. "I'm sorry.... I'm sorry...", Rekha went on murmuring, as Krishnaa reminisced these same words from someone else, that day itself... She felt like bursting into peals of giggles-- the phenomenal day has turned two of their worst enemies into not just their 'friends', benefactors and appreciators, but has changed those people in themselves too. Isn't it what she wanted? The beautiful thought made her eyes sparkle, as she slowly embraced Rekha, breaking all sorts of mental, personal, emotional or social barriers, while Arjun stood there, still, trying his best to believe his own eyes...

He needs to meet his mother. The word 'mother' now feels so different. It no longer means 'only' Radhama, it means his 'real' biological mother too.... Karn was sitting by the massive windows of his chamber, staring at the star-studded sky and the still faintly orange-tinted horizon. Uruvi entered the room. Actually it is Vrishali who has sent her. Unlike many others, Vrishali adored and respected her co-wife substantially a lot. Uruvi  looked up at Karn, his toned back facing her, his brown lustry hair flowing with the wild twilight breeze. The breeze resembled her mood--- restless, yet not knowing how and how much to break free.. Maybe, it represented her husband's mood too... Yes.. She no longer was ashamed to call him her husband, just like Vrishali di, who has forgiven all his mistakes unconditionally, no matter what; and loved him unconditionally, no matter what. Uruvi realised that this was probably the first time, she was truly and deeply in love with him... Because now, she knew him...the whole of him-- no lies, no secrets, no mysteries.. Still, he looked so mysteriously divine at the moment. As if, he was craving to converse with his father... and his mother, too.. Karn got up and straightened his uttariya. He has finally decided-- first he'll go to his mother, the to Arjun and then to Duryodhan. He turned around and was quite startled to find Uruvi standing there. Going by Arjun and Draupadi's apparently absurd-looking theory, he loved only Vrishali. But deep down, he knew that was not true. Just the way, Arjun had some sort of feelings of love for Subhadra too, whether he realized that or he didn't, even if that was too little to be noticed in comparison to the magnanimity of his love for his 'Krishnaa'; Karn too did harbour feelings for Uruvi. And unlike that of Arjun's, he loved Uruvi almost as much as he loved Vrishali. Uruvi couldn't wait any longer. She didn't have much time either. Tackling Vrishakethu alongside her own sons Vrishasena and Banasena, was really difficult. She nearly ran to him and hugged him tight. That was it! End of all controversies, and her hug made him think that maybe it was the end of the whole world too. Karn smiled to himself. The child in her would never grow up, neither did he want it to. 

"Arya.." The call of love. That's what Duryodhan could think of the moment he heard her voice. "Bhanu..", he replied reflexly. This has been his habit for all these years. He doesn't remember a single instance when she had called her and he hadn't replied at the first go. But, she does... Those dark nights, when she slept alone in her dark chamber with Lakshman Kumaar and Lakshmana, she would often wake up at midnight, as her terrifying nightmares prodded her, making her think about how terrifying the result of all his sins could be. Even the cool spring breeze and the soft sound of the fluttering of the curtains would fail to calm her nerves. But, at this moment, his soft brown eyes reminded her of the soft wet teakwoods of the rainsoaked verandah-rails... Duryodhan couldn't yet decide whether to accept his follies or not, whether to bow down before his so-called enemies or just accept them as non-foe entities. He couldn't even trust his Mamashree anymore, he just couldn't. But this lady in front of him was the most trustworthy person he's ever ever met.. He loves him to no limits. But what he has done to Draupadi, wasn't just injustice to her, but to his beloved Bhanu too. First he needs Bhanu to forgive him, in order to forgive himself. Then and only then can he muster the courage to apologize to anyone else, including Draupadi herself. Bhanumati came forward, understanding his predicament, and kept her hands on his shoulders. Instead of reprimanding him, she stared into his eyes, her soft gaze calming down his restless heart.