The Final Quest

Arjun's P.O.V.:

Hearing of a new mission doesn't scare me. But the obvious baggage that comes along, every time, no matter howmuchever I may try to avert that, is something I literally SHOULD be scared of. Heavens?! Really? I know I am the grace son of the King of Heavens, but here, my best friend and forever guide is calling me the 'Heir of the Heavens'! It sounds really ridiculous how someone can be the Heir of the heavens, of Amrawati and Nandankanan, and of those thousands of Saugandhika flowers that I have heard of way too many times... But, the previous birth and this... just does NOT match... from no possible angle! But then again, Madhav has come up with this new term called 'Ansh Avatar'.. Well, that kinda explains how I can be the Heir of Heavens and ,Madhav and Radha Devi's love saga can trace back to some catastrophic incident in 'Golok', not the marine residence of Narayan...

My first reflex to the idea of another mission or trip or whatever that involved me leaving Indraprasth was, as usual, to look up at my wife-- seek her silent consent, and probably wipe away a few tears too. But today when I looked up at her, there were no tears. The tint of liquid bronze in the crystal blue eyes blazed with a searing hue that can only be recognized as encouragement, inspiration and immense POWER. THAT'S WHAT I NEED!! This power is exactly what I need at the moment. At that very moment I at once knew that I would succeed, no matter the price. And, I will come back, perfectly fine, to this pair of blazing orbs. Her powerful gaze held me prisoner for a long while, and I really neither did ever have, nor do now have ,any power to free myself from these fiery shackles till they themselves free me. She closes her eyes for a moment and I immediately resent even thinking about being set free, as my windows to peek into her soul close. I close my eyes too, trying to contain the resentment within myself. When we both open our eyes again, our gazes travel to Madhav. "Soon...", he muttered.

The day of departure arrived quicker than I had expected or even wanted. I won't focus much on the gory details of how each one person reacted to Madhav's declaration. Apparently, my brothers.... MY BROTHERS!!.... kind of seemed to be a bit resentful. No, not for my departure. There was something more to it. Something that Mata, and of course Madhav, could make out. But, unfortunately not me or Krishnaa. I believe, if she knew what it was, she would have somehow indicated it to me. Whatever... Duryodhan hasn't yet apologized to my love. If not for Madhav, I wouldn't have departed before he did, keeping my love rather unsafe, seemingly. Karn (I still prefer calling him this rather than Jyeshth, I do hold some different feelings associated to that word than I hold to his name..) was rather cheerful. For the first time, during the previous week, I interacted quite a lot with Vrishali bhaabi, Uruvi (now technically my 'Bhaabi' too, which feels really liberating and fresh--- like never before) and of course the kids. Vrishakethu, without doubt was the most bizarre amongst them. So much like Abhi. Actually, there are too many similarities between their fathers for them not to be similar. I just hope they don't , never ever, need to compete or even dream of having the same lady's hand-- I don't want their now newly sprouted sweet friendship to ever be soured on any note. Gandhar raaj is surely still a huge head-ache, as much as Jayadrath. I assume it is their evil company that is restraining Duryodhan from apologizing, because no matter what, during this extremely eventful previous one week Krishnaa has managed to somehow ingrain this in my mind that Duryodhan too may have a better facet to his character-- "No person can be all dark", that's what she says.... Who else has said the same line to me very recently? Oh... Of course...

Once I get back, my to-do agenda is pretty long. Firstly- make the best use of the weapons I'll be acquiring and rid of the vile Takshak and 'all evils', to quote Him. Secondly- find out Eklavya. Yes, Eklavya! I really don't want this title of the 'Best Archer' at the cost of someone's right thumb. I need to find him out, my conscience (as well as my love's) needs to know that he is alright and the loss of his thumb hasn't reduced his excellence in shooting by one bit. Well, that may sound absurd, but actually it doesn't, at the moment. Though it did, a few days back, when I mentioned about him to my wife. But then, she is afterall famous prankster Kanha's Sakhi. She came up with a bizarre idea to soothe the pain in my burning conscience. I have been too caught up during these few days with calling upon my grace father, informing him of my agenda regarding my 'trip to my real home' (as he has termed it, though I don't agree much with that) and such other pre-quest chores that I couldn't put her idea to force. Though, I know that I will do that soon. That may not earn me a new title, but atleast it  will prove the chastity of a title that I have already earned. 

The biggest gift I have been receiving over and again during this one week is from my Priu. Pragati, my other beloved daughter, is yet too young to understand too many emotions. But the five-year-old Priu is too receptive to emotions. She has been muttering "I'll miss you so much.." in her sleep for  the past one week , since she has heard about my near-future 'trip to the Heavens'. Every night she has stopped babbling the moment I have hugged her tight and rubbed her back. 'She is so much like her mother'--- I have thought to myself time and again. Though, she won't say it aloud, yet, I know her enough to know that Krishnaa feels the same too.

But, I think today, she will...