News

The feeling of nervousness came back as I feel the team's eyes on Spencer and I. I shift a little in my seat and I guess Spencer can tell that I'm nervous and uncomfortable with all the attention. "Nothing," he says and lets go of my hand to continue eating the pie. I excuse myself to the bathroom and try to calm my nerves down. As I take deep breaths I hear a knock at the door. I open it and see Emily. 

"Hey river, are you okay?" she asks concern coating her eyes. "Yeah I'm fine," I tell her and walk past her to get a glass of water from the kitchen. From the dining room, I could hear everyone trying to get spencer to tell them what they just saw. I finish my water and step into the dining room that goes silent when everyone saw me enter. "Don't stop for me," I say as I sit down trying to draw attention away. 

Dinner finishes and everyone gets up to leave. When it was just me and spencer in the dining room I look him straight in the eyes and give him a 'why didn't you say anything' look which he quickly understood and replied by shaking his head. He took his phone out and typed something before I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took it out and read the message from him.

Spencer: Everyone was staring and I could tell that made you uncomfortable.

Me: I appreciate that but they'll stare either way.

Spencer: I know. We can tell them before everyone leaves.

I look up at spencer and nod my head before grabbing your bag and walking into the kitchen where everyone was in their own conversations. I felt spencer come up behind me and heard him clear his voice. After no one noticed, he cleared his voice once more which caught the attention of the whole team. "I have something to tell everyone." he started. Everyone was fully turned towards us at that point. "River and I are... dating"