lunch date

"H-hey River" he greeted me. I calmed down a little knowing he was nervous too. He gestured for me to sit and I did. "Sorry, I'm late. I didn't realize it would take me that long to get here." I said. "No it's fine I just got here." He reassured me. I nodded my head thinking of what to say. 

"So did you catch that guy? If I'm allowed to know." I asked actually curious wondering if they caught the guy who I saw kidnap a girl. "Yeah, we caught him yesterday, thanks to you." He answered. "Thanks to me?" I asked. "Yeah the information you gave us narrowed down the profile significantly." He told me. "Oh, well I really didn't do anything. You guys did all the work." I chuckled. He smiled at me and then we went to order our food.

"You really didn't have to pay," I said to Spencer walking back to our table. "No it's fine I am the one who asked you out." He said. "So Spencer Reid, what do you exactly do?" I asked as we got back to our table. "I mean what exactly is a profiler?" He spent the next 15 minutes explaining what a profiler is and how it works. "Hahaha, so you're a genius?" I asked laughing. "Well.. yes I have an IQ beyond the average. So... yes I am a genius." He said. I nodded and looked down at my fidgeting hands in my lap. A lady came up and handed us our food. We talked and ate our food. All I know is that I liked him even more as the lunch date went on. 

After we finished eating we talked for a while. He looked at the time and sighed. "I'm sorry River I would love to stay and talk more but I have to get back to work." "No it's fine," I said hiding my sadness. We got up and walked to the door. He turned to me when we were outside and took a small breath. "Would you... maybe want to go out again?" I couldn't believe it, he wants to go on another date. "Yeah, I would," I said with a shy smile. "Okay... great." He said smiling. "Bye Spencer Reid." "Bye River." 

As I turned around to walk to my car I kept thinking 'It's just the first date River, you can't fall in Love with someone you met a few days ago.'

-----------------------------------------------

A/N: please don't forget to leave comments. I would love to hear from you guys!