Work call

Ring ring ring 

At first, I thought it was part of my dream till I heard it again. 

Ring ring ring.

Spencer shifted under me and moved slightly to grab his phone obviously not wanting to wake me. Too late I was already awake but I stayed in my comfy position against spencer. "Hello," he said in a hushed tone. "Spence, why are you whispering?" I hear JJ's voice on the phone. 'Great.' i thought 'he has to leave for work.' i got off spencer and sat at the end of the couch. He gave me an apologetic look and got up to talk on the phone.

 After a few minutes, he came back and said "I'm so sorry River, I have to go to work. It's an emergency." I gave him a weak smile "it's fine, Spencer. I didn't mean to fall asleep here anyway." I reassured him and got up to grab my bag. He walked over and embraced me in a hug. I chuckled and hugged him back. After a few moments, we pulled apart and I kissed him. "Wheres the bathroom?" I asked and he directed me to it. 

when I came out he asked if I could wait to walk out together and I said okay. He finished getting ready and we walked out hand in hand. We separated in the parking lot but before he walked off I made my way over to him and hugged him again. "Just... be safe," I said burying my face in his chest. He kissed my head and replied, "I will." "Okay," I said and pulled away. I gave him a goodbye kiss and walked to my car. I didn't hear from him for 3 days.