Table for Two

When we got to the restaurant Spencer basically ran to my door to open it. As I stepped out I said, "you didn't have to do that." "I know but I wanted to," he said back. I don't know why but that caused a smile to appear on my face. He closed the door and caught up to me. We walked silently to the entrance side by side. Once we made it to the entrance he held the door open for me again. "Thank you," I said when he made it to my side again. 

"Mhm," he muttered and turned to the waitress in front of us. "Uh.. table for two, spencer Reid," he told her. "Right this way," she said as she led us to our table. Right, when I was about to reach for my chair Spencer pulled it out for me first. I looked at him and he grinned back. I quietly sighed to myself as I took the seat. When he sat down himself I realized how cute he looked. He was wearing a pair of black dress pants with a dark grey button-up shirt and a burgundy tie with a black cardigan and a suit jacket to top it all off.

 After he was settled and his eyes met mine I said "you have to stop being nice to me." he chuckled "studies show that most men don't treat the woman they're seeing good and it often ends with the woman leaving the man." he rattled off looking down at his menu. "I didn't know we were together," I said. He looked up from his menu, eyes widening. "Aren't we?" he asked. I simply looked down at my own menu and flipped through the options. 

I don't know why I didn't say anything to him. Yes, I wanted to be with him and it was cute that he assumed we were together but I didn't say anything. "Could I get you two something to drink?" asked the waiter breaking the awkward silence between us. "I'll get a water," I said. "Me too." spencer said. When he talked I looked at him kind of forgetting he was there. When she left he looked back at me and our eyes met. I looked back down at my menu but before I could pick up from where I left off spencer reached across the table for my hand. 

When he grabbed my hand my eyes looked at our hands on the table before I looked up to meet his gaze. "I'm sorry for assuming," he said. "It's fine," I said offering him a smile. We sat like that for a couple of seconds before he slowly pulled his hand away from mine. For the rest of the night, we didn't pick the topic back up.