Confidential

The afternoon on the 4rth day after spencer left I got a phone call from a number I didn't have saved. I felt that I should answer it so I did. "Hello." "hey, River is Derek Morgan." "oh, hey Derek. Is everything okay?" I asked because it was strange that Derek called me let alone before Spencer. "Yeah everything is okay but we're in the hospital," he said. My breathing hitched.

"Who- who's we?" I asked not really wanting to know. All I wanted was for everyone to come home now and to be safe. I heard him sigh on the other side of the phone. I knew it, I knew who he was going to say. "Spencer is." even though I knew it, it didn't make hearing it any easier. "Uh- where are you guys?" I said grabbing my purse and keys. I looked down at what I was wearing and decided to change out of shorts into leggings and grab a jacket. "I'll send you the address." after that we hung up and I left my apartment. I got into the car and drove to the hospital that Derek sent me the address of.

He told me to call him when I arrived because what happened was confidential. I called him as soon as I parked my car. We walked in silence to the floor spencer was staying at. When we got there I noticed the team in the waiting room. As we approached Penelope came over and hugged me tightly. I appreciated this but I really just wanted to be with spencer and I think they got that.

 Derek and I made it to his room and felt a gasp escape my lips when I saw him. He looked kind of lifeless just sleeping there. I pulled myself together and went and sat down next to the hospital bed.