Elevator Ride

When I was finished they left the room and Jennifer came back in. She said that we were all done and that if they needed me again they would call. As we were walking back to the elevator the Dekek Morgan, the African American man who I talked to earlier came up to us holding one of my cookies with bite marks in it.

"These cookies are amazing, Thank you," he said as the woman whom I also talked to came up followed by a man with olive skin and black and white hair. "These are the best cookies I have ever had," he said. "Agent David Rossi," he said holding his hand out for me to shake. "Thank you," I said, blushing slightly. "It's really nothing compared to what you guys do," I said trying to turn the attention away from me. "No Rossi's right, these cookies are really good!" Emily Prentiss said. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Hey, who made these cookies?" someone said from behind me. I turned around and saw this extremely tall man with long brown curly hair and I'm going to admit I felt my heart jump. I turned around clearing my throat and trying to hide my blush that was starting to heat up my cheeks. "She did," Jennifer said pointing at me.

He went around us and stood next to Derek Morgan who was standing across from me. "They're really good," He said trying to make eye contact as I'm looking down. I finally looked up at him and said "Thank you" I said fidgeting with my fingers.

"I'm Spencer Reid." He greeted me and I did the same. After an extremely awkward minute, I said I should go "thank you again for the cookies." Emily said. "It's really no problem I was up baking all night anyway," I said waving goodbye.

Once I was in the elevator I took a deep breath. "Hold the elevator!" I heard a voice call as I slid my hand through the gap between the doors. When the elevator doors opened fully I saw it was the tall and agent who said his name was Spencer Reid. "Thank you," he said entering the elevator. "Mmhmm" I answered feeling nervous after I just calmed myself down.

A few moments passed before he broke the silence. "So... you like baking huh?" He asked. "Yeah, I actually work for a bakery as a baker so whenever I'm home and have nothing to do I bake and try new recipes. When I get home I have to figure out what to do with all the things I've made... I doubt I'll sleep tonight, maybe my family would want some. I don't know but I can't keep it or else They'll go bad." I rambled. I turned to look at him when I realized I talked the whole elevator ride.

"You ramble," he stated. "It's cute." He blushed when he realized what he said. I turned around so he couldn't see me blushing hard. After the doors opened he walked out and said "it was really nice to meet you." "Yeah, you too." He walked away and I got off and headed home.

As I was driving I wondered why I felt that way when I saw him. I most likely won't see him again so why did I nervously ramble. The next day I woke up and got ready for my shift at the bakery/cafe. Driving there I remembered the guy I met the day before and without realizing I smiled. "Spencer Reid," I whispered to myself letting my smile grow more.