Lunch Date pt.2

We were seated by the window when we first arrived at the restaurant Spencer picked. The waiter handed us our menus and asked what we would like to drink. "I'll get a sweet tea." spencer said then turned to look at me. I turned and looked at the waiter whose eyes widened when we made eye contact. "I-ill get one too," I said and he scurried off. 'That was weird' i thought then turned my attention to spencer who looked like he was in the middle of solving a hard math equation not that he'd be confused. to be honest, he'd probably solve in a couple of seconds.

 "Earth to doctor Spencer Reid." I teased while I waved my hands in front of me. "Oh, sorry lost in thought," he said looking back at me. "No problem," I said smiling. He smiled back and we stayed like that for a few moments before I cleared my throat and looked down at my menu. I could still feel Spencer's gaze on me for a few more moments. I heard someone clear their throat and I looked up. It was a waiter but not the same one that showed us to our table and took our drink orders. Not the same one who's eyes widened when we made eye contact and basically ran away after. "Two sweet teas." our new waiter said and placed our drinks down in front of us both. "Okay what else can I get you," she asked smiling.

After we both ordered we made small talk until we got our food. We started eating and then Spencer broke the silence. "Did you have fun last night?" spencer asked. "Yeah... I did. Your team is great and really fun." "yeah they are," he said smiling slightly. Even though I don't know a lot about spencer I know that he really cares for his team. I also know that he doesn't have any family near him so having a team like that makes them his family. Even though I've only known Spencer for about 2 weeks I'm really glad he has his team, they make him happy. Knowing he's happy makes me happy.

"So," he started pulling me back into reality. "Complicated?" he asked referring to my answer I gave his friends about my relationship status. "Yeah, I didn't know what else to say to get them to leave me alone about it," I say slightly laughing. "No, it was a smart answer. I'm sorry I put in that situation," he said and I could tell he really meant it. "No it's fine, I get it." after a couple of seconds you continue to say "kinda." after that we continue to eat our food and talk. We made our way out of the restaurant and decided to go for a short walk. As I made it to the sidewalk spencer came next to me and slid his hand into mine. And just like last night, you love the feeling of your hand in his.