Finally back

"DOCTER! WE NEED A DOCTER IN HERE NOW!" I yelled onto the hallway before I went back into the room where Jakie was hysterically crying and the love of my life was dying. I never even got to tell her. The doctor frantically made his way in "WE HAVE A CODE BLUE, I NEED A CRASH CART! AND GET THESE TWO OUT OF HERE." Jakie and I were rushed out of the room where they were trying to revive her.

 "Starting chest compressions, push one of epi!" the doctor commanded before performing CPR. not long a cart with a defibrillator was rolled into the room. "Charge to 200! CLEAR!" nothing. "CHARGE TO 300" nothing. "CHARGE AGAIN" nothing. At that point, I gave up all hope. I couldn't bare to see nothing happen again so I turned away. They started chest compressions again and pushed more Epi. "please don't go." I whispered. "Charge again! Clear"

beep beep beep beep

"We have a heartbeat... And looks like she's waking up."

At first, I thought I imagined those sounds and words but I realized they were real when Jakie ran into the room and yelled River's name. I turned around and saw her on the bed. She looked really weak, she did just die. I slowly made my way into the rooms as the doctors and nurses left. The two best friends were hugging and were in tears. I took this time to alert the team that she was awake. All of a sudden I ran away from the room. I couldn't do it. I couldn't face her. She was so mad at me the last time I saw her. I don't know if shell ever forgives me.

About 10 minutes later the team came rushing into the hospital. They were on their way to River's room before they saw me. Morgan came up to me. "Kid what's wrong, I thought you said she woke up?" he asked, concern flooding his face. "She is," I said still looking at the floor. He waved the rest of the team off and they made their way to River's room.

 "She'll forgive you." "what if she doesn't? What if I screwed it up like I always do" I said for the first time looking at him. "I guess there's only one way to find out," he said. I knew he was right. The only way to know if River still has feelings is by telling her how I feel. Telling her that I love her.

We made our way to the room. I could hear everyone laughing inside. Morgan walked in first, then I after him. Everyone looked up at us, more so, Me. Derek said his quick 'im happy that your okay' before it fell silent. I kept my eyes glued to the floor. That's when everybody left us two alone.

Rivers Pov.

I was happy to be back, with jakie, with the team, with everyone. Also alive in general. Jakie told me how I died for like 5minutes but was eventually revived, and also how I was in a coma for 3 days. Crazy. The team came in and told me how happy they were I was alive and safe and I thanked them for finding me and bringing me to safety.

While the team and I were talking I realized that Spencer and Derek's hadn't come. I was a little sad that spencer wasn't here and confused why Derek want but I brushed it off. I was thankful for the people who were here. Suddenly the door opened and in walked Derek. There he is. Then behind him was Spencer. Man, as happy to see his face. I was happy to see everyone, but especially him. "I'm really happy your okay river. Glad to have you back." Derek said. I'm not sure I'm back. I'm not sure ill see them again or as much. "Thanks, Derek, to be back, and thank you guys for saving me again," I said then the room fell into an awkward silence.

 I guess everyone was waiting for Spencer to say something, but I knew him better than that. He wouldn't say anything unless he had to. I guess the team picked up on that because... "I'm in a mood for some coffee, anyone wants to come with?" Emily asked. "Yeah I was actually about to get one before River died over here." jakie replyed. Everyone chuckled and murmured an agreement before walking out.

 Spencer didn't though. He stayed and he made his way next to my bed and sat down in a chair. If I thought there was awkwardness before, it's nothing compared to right now.

"River, I am so sorry," I looked at him in confusion. Why was he sorry? "I'm sorry about lying to you weeks ago. I know I should have told you and if I did then maybe all of this wouldn't have happened to you. It's all my fault" he blames himself. "Spencer," I started and placed my hand on his. "Hey, no it's not. You couldn't have known. No could've. This is not your fault." I said looking into his hazel eyes I would get lost in all the time. "I'm really happy your okay now. River I've been thinking during the past two weeks about you- well me... what I'm trying to say is I've been thinking about my feelings for you. I- I love you River Carter and I'm hoping we can be together again."

No. Fricking. Way. Spencer Walter Reid just confessed his love to me in a hospital. This definitely isn't the ideal place to exchange I love you's for the first time but that didn't stop me. "I love you too Spencer," I saw his expression quickly change and he got up to hug me. It felt so good to be back in his arms, taking in his scent. We stayed like that for moments before he pulled away.

"Ours is is just-" he started before I cut in "another great love story."

the end.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:  THE END! thank everyone for reading my story, I really appreciate every single one of you! there will be an Epilogue coming out in the next couple of days or so, so keep an eye out for it! <333