Nerves

I went to bed nervous about tomorrow. "He really asked me out didn't he?" I asked myself in the middle of the night. After tossing and turning that night I decided to call my best friend. "You know it's 2am right?" she asked as she answered. "Yeah but I can't sleep," I told her. "Why not?" she asked. "Nervous." I simply answered. " nervous about what?" she asked intrigued. "A date," I answered. "Okay, River I'm really not in the mood right now. You woke me up from a really good dream," she said annoyed knowing I would drag this conversation like that. I explained how spencer called me and asked me out.

 "It's tomorrow and I'm really nervous." I confessed. "Of course you are its a first date River," she said. "You're supposed to be nervous." "yeah, I guess. Okay, I'm going to sleep. Goodnight Jakie." I said yawning. "Goodnight River."

In the morning I was regretting staying up late especially since I had some schoolwork to finish in the morning. After working for about 2 hours it was 11:00 and I decided to drop off the baked goods at my friends and family's houses. "This'll keep me busy for a while," I said stepping out of the house.

After an hour and a half I made my way back home to get ready for my date with Spencer Reid. I got home and hopped into the shower. After 25 minutes I got out and the steam rushed out of the bathroom. I went back to figuring out what to wear as my hair dried. I finally picked a pair of light wash jeans with a dark green blouse. I also had my favorite black hightop converse and a small black crossbody bag. I stood in front of my mirror examining my outfit before deciding to throw in some jewelry. When I was ready it was 1:45 pm and I had to leave.

"Just breath," I told myself exhaling a breath I didn't know I was holding in when I parked my car. "Dang it," I said looking at the time, I was 5 minutes late. I opened the door to the cafe and all the fumes hit me at once. I looked around the small cafe for my date. I saw a tall figure sitting in the corner facing the door. I took a deep breath, put on a smile, and walked over to him. "Hi, Spencer Reid."