Cab or something

"Someone checking you out.." Penelope said nudging my shoulder. I look around the bar before my eyes meet with a mans. He was very attractive and was definitely looking at me but either way, I said "I don't even think he's looking at me." "he definitely is!" Penelope basically yelled. "Okay okay," I said taking a sip. Of course, a very attractive man was checking me out when my- whatever Spencer was, was sitting across the table from me. Awesome, just awesome. 

"Do you think he's attractive?" JJ asks. "Eh," I shrug. "What do you mean he is very good looking." Emily says in disbelief. "well if you guys think he's cute why don't you go up to him?" I ask the ladies at the table. "I'm already in a relationship," JJ says. "Me too," Penelope adds. "What about you Emily?" I ask. "He not my type," she said. "What about you? Are you in a relationship?" Emily asks, then everyone's eyes are on me, even Spencer's. 

'Shoot what am I supposed to say? If I say yes they'll ask me all these different questions and I don't even know what's going on with Spencer anyway. But if I say no they'll urge me to go talk to the guy which I definitely don't want to.' "It's complicated." I finally say. "Complicated?" Emily asks. "Yes," I repeat "complicated." "why is it complicated?" JJ asks. "I don't know, it's just... complicated." "so there is a guy?" Penelope asks. "Yes," I answered looking down at my drink a small smile forming. 

"Ooh, what's he like?" Penelope askes wiggling her eyebrows. Dang, I thought I was going to be able to avoid questions. "Id rather not talk about it," I say and they nod. After a few more drinks in, tipsy and Emily and Derek left with other people. That left tipsy me, drunk Penelope, sober JJ, and sober Spencer. "I should probably go I said standing up almost falling out of my chair. "I gave you a ride remember?" JJ asked. "oh yeah... well I'll just get a cab or something," I said slightly slurring my word together. JJ shakes her head. Spencer gets out of his chair. 

"I'll drop her off." he offered. "thanks, Spence. I would but a drunk Garcia is a handful." she says and he chuckles. We walk out of the bar and I turn to him. "You don't have to take me home," I tell him. "I'd rather drive you home than have you get a cab or something." he mocks. I smile at him "thank you." he nods and leads the way to his car. 

He drives me home in silence, I really don't trust myself to talk even if I'm not fully drunk. When he parks in front of my building I thank him and start to get out of the car. I was surprised when I heard another door close behind me. I turn and I see spencer walking towards me. "Spencer I can walk up to my apartment myself," I say in protest knowing why he's out of his car. He doesn't say anything, he takes my hand, interlocks his fingers with mine, and walks me toward the building. I think about protesting but the way my hand feels in his is a feeling I want to hold on for as long as possible, so I let him walk me up. 

When we reach my door I stop and turn to unlock my door sadly having to retract my hand from his. When my door was unlocked I turn towards spencer and tell him goodnight. Before he said goodnight he leaned in for a kiss but before his lips let mine I stopped him. "I probably taste like alcohol," I said. he chuckled and took my hand away from my mouth to kiss me. When we pulled apart he said "Goodnight River." with our foreheads still connected. "Goodnight spencer," I said back and he pulled away and walked back outside. I took a deep breath and went inside and got ready for bed. Man was I happy I didn't have work early the next day.