making plans

It's been a week since our first date. Spencer got called out on a case. I totally understand, he's off saving people. Our 2nd date can wait. I woke up when my phone rang at 7:30 in the morning. "Hello," I said in a groggy voice. "Oh I'm sorry did I wake you?" Spencer asked on the other side of the phone. "No, I've been up for hours," I said smiling when I heard Spencer's voice. "Mmhmm," he said unconvinced and we both laughed. 

"Well I just wanted to tell you, we came back this morning and we could go out if you want." He said. "Yeah, okay," I said excited that I got to see Spencer. Even though he's been out on a case we did talk regularly on the phone but I missed seeing him in person. "Okay, dinner?" He asked. "Sounds great," I answered. He told me when and where. I recognized the name of the restaurant. It was one of those fancy sit-down restaurants so I got out of my bed to look at my dinner dresses. After being satisfied with my decision I jumped back into bed.

I was excited to see Spencer but also nervous. Talking on the phone was easier. You didn't have to look presentable because they couldn't see you. He also never saw me in formal clothing before, only in casual attire. I went back to sleep and woke up around 10 am dreaming about the date. I got up and made myself breakfast while finishing up some school work so I could go out at night. At 1:30 pm I got ready for my shift at the bakery. I was happy I had work otherwise I would be going crazy in my apartment all day. 

During my break, I looked at my phone. I had a text message from Spencer. He asked what my address was because he wanted to pick me up. "Shoot," I said loudly re-reading the text message. "What happened?" Sasha asked eyeing me from across the empty bakery. "Date," I said holding up my phone. She came over "you forgot?" She asked sitting down across the table from me. "No I- it's our second date and he wants to pick me up. I suggested we meet up for our first date before he could ask to pick me up and I forgot to do the same earlier." I sighed. 

"Mmm, you don't think it'll last?" She asked. I looked at her my eyes widening a little "No it-It'll last. Long term? I don't know, his job is really time-consuming." I said. "Mmm." She said nodding. after a few moments of silence, I said "I'll just send him my address. What's the worst that could happen." I shrugged the feeling off and sent the address to Spencer. What is the worst that could happen? I asked myself.