prepping for a date

I headed home around 6:45 to get ready for my date with Spencer. As I was walking to my car that was parked across the street I felt like someone was watching me. I slowly looked around when I got to my car but saw nobody. I shrugged the feeling off and entered. I got to my apartment with plenty of time to get ready. I headed into the shower and scrubbed myself clean. I got out and brushed my teeth and washed my face. I walked into the freezing bedroom and looked at the dress I picked out in the morning. I sighed and put it back into the closet. I didn't like the dress and I don't know why I thought I would wear it maybe I chose it because I was half asleep. 

I picked out a different outfit, threw it on, and headed to the mirror to look at it. I examined my pair of black slacks paired with a black button-up that had small pink and grey flowers on it. After contented with my outfit I went into the bathroom to start on my makeup. I decided to do my eyebrows, put on some light eyeshadow, and put on some lip gloss. I walked out of my bathroom and looked at the time. "Perfect," I whispered to myself when I saw it was 7:50. I went to my dresser to put on some perfume and jewelry before heading over to put on my black pumps. As I finished putting them on I heard my phone ring. I scurried to my room where my phone was. 

"Hello," I answered. "Hey River, I'm right outside." spencer said on the other side of the phone. "Okay, I'm on my way," I said then hung up. I grabbed the same crossbody bag I had for our last date then went and stood in front of the mirror. After fixing my hair a couple of times I walked out of my apartment. I walk outside and start searching around for spencer. I noticed a Volvo sitting out in front and immediately know that's his car. When I get into the passenger side of the car I said "nice car." with a smile on my face because the car was old but very much his style. I was happy that I'm with him again. "Thanks." he chuckled then I laughed. 

I leaned across to him and pull him into a hug which I notice caught him off guard but he wrapped his arms around me and placed them on my back. Before I pulled away I took a deep breath in. As I pulled away I realized he smelled like cinnamon and coffee which reminded me of the bakery which I love. We looked into each other's eyes for a couple of seconds before he broke the silence. "Shall we?" he asked. "We shall," I answered. 'why do I always have to be SO awkward? who says 'we shall'? god, river your so dumb when it comes to boys' I told myself in my head and we were on our way.