Open doors

Jakies Pov

After Rivers break up with Spencer I stayed with her for a week or so but I left for a few days the night she went out to a bar. That was a stupid mistake...

I haven't heard from her since the day she went out and it's been 4 days. She usually calls me and she's not picking up her phone. I started to get worried and decided to stop by her place before I head home. When I got to her door I noticed to was open just a little. 

I felt my heart jump into my throat. She would never leave her door open. She's always so cautious and safe, she would never leave it open. I opened the door and looked around her apartment. There were chairs knocked down broken glass, and... bloodstains. I called the first person who came to mind not caring about the consequences.

Spencers Pov

It was a slow paperwork day that was close to an end. I was finishing up one of my last files when I got a phone call. "Jakie? Why would she call me?" I said quietly but not quite enough for Morgan not to hear. "You gonna answer your phone pretty boy?" "yeah," I said and got up to walk to the hallway. 

Once I got there I picked up the phone. All I heard were sobs and words I couldn't make out. "Jakie, slow down" "She's missing!" Everything froze. "Who's missing?" I asked praying that it wasn't the only person who tied me and Jakie together. "River" she cried.

I burst into Hotch's office clearly in distress. "Reid," he said closing his file. "What's wrong?" "R-river missing." he gave me one stern look and walked out to the bullpen. "Conference room, Now!" he commanded before marching in there and me behind him.

After everyone entered confused hotch repeated what I told him. "River Carter is missing, last seen 4 days ago at the bar you all went to," he said a little too calmly for my liking but it was Hotch, he's calm under pressure. I felt everyone's eyes on me but I sat there looking in the corner of the room.

 She's missing, only if I had told her the truth from the beginning then we would still be together and maybe all this wouldn't have happened. Who took her? I was lost in thought that I didn't notice the team filing out of the conference room. "Reid," Morgan said pulling me out of thought. "Don't beat yourself up kid, you couldn't have known." "but-" "no buts." "Morgan i- I never got to tell her that I love her."