Jakie's place

My dinner date was at 8:00 pm which was perfect because I got off of my shift at 5:30 and headed to my best friend's place after, uninvited. I knocked on the door and when Jakie opened it she looked surprised. "Hey jakie, how's it going?" I said awkwardly. She sighed then grabbed my arm and ushered me inside. 

As I sat down on the couch she asked "What's going on?" I gasped and looked up at her "does something have to be wrong for me to come and visit my best friend?" she laughed and sat down next to me. "Yes, when you come to my place without telling me." I sighed and nodded my head knowing she was right. To be honest, I don't know why I came here, I always find myself here when I have something I'm excited for and time to kill. "I have.." I looked down at my phone to see the time "45 minutes to kill before a date with Spencer." I said looking at her. "ooh, so you're nervous." she said raising her eyebrows. "No, I'm not," I said defensively. 

" Okay, okay so you're just here to kill time?" she asked. "Yes," I responded. "Okay good because I need your help," she said pulling me off the couch and into her studio. "What's up?" I asked stopping at the doorway looking at the painting on the easel. "Oh my goodness Jakie that is so good!" I said walking over to get a better look. "Thank you but I need your help," she said. "Okay," I sat down on the other stool and turned to her. " I'm ready to help even though I'm a baker, not a painter."