15"

"How are you girls not fucking freezing right now?" Rosaleé whined shivering from the cold

The carriages trundled along the cobbled stoned lane. It's wooden beams groaning in protest as it hit rocks that were scattered along the road. Rosaleé, Marlene and Mary were all sat huddle together as the village came into view.

"Rosa it's really not that cold" Mary answered

"She's just a pussy" Marlene quipped

"McKinnon, you're really testing me recently"

"Yeah well get used to it"

"Guys can you stop, we're here" Mary interjected

Sure enough, a few rickety houses roofs came into view in the distance, smoke billowing from their chimneys. The village was bustling, witches and Wizards rushing around the cobbled streets, popping back and forth into and out of shops. Mary took Rosas hand and dragged her through the streets.

"We should go to Honeydukes first" she said, excusing the girls as they pushed through a crowd

"Finally! I've run out of chocolate frogs" Marlene answered leading them towards an old rickety shop with all kinds of sweets stacked high in jars up the window. As Marlene opened the door and they stepped inside, a sickly sugary scent hit Rosaleés face. Glancing around at all the colours of sweets the french girl was slightly in awe of the shop. Walking up and down the aisles she glanced over the packaging looking for a pack of fizzing whizzbees. She hadn't had any since she'd been back home and was craving the fizzy sugary sweet. Finding what she was looking for and swiftly paying Rosa found her way outside to meet Marlene and Mary.

"I think we should go to the Three Broom Sticks" Mary suggested "I'm dying for a butterbeer"

"Good idea, my shoes are killing my feet" Marlene said as she winced in pain.

"I have no idea where you mean but yeah let's go" agreed Rosaleé still complaining about the cold.

The three girls strolled through the charming village and stopped to enter a worn pub. Attached to its wall, a swinging battered sign that read 'The Three Broomsticks'. Inside the light was dim and it radiated a homely atmosphere. Laughed and chattering filled the air as the trio made their way over to a spare table.

"What do you all want?" Mary asked "wait- hold on a second. What are Sirius, Remus and Peter doing hiding behind that booth?"

"I not sure but let's find out" Marlene answered taking Rosaleè and Mary's hands and pulling them in the direction of the boys silently. The girls crept up to the boys and each peered over their shoulders without the boys noticing they were there.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Rosaleé whispered in Remus' ear, causing him to jump in shock catching Sirius and Peters attention, then realising Mary and Marlene were behind them.

"Merlin don't scare me like that!" He whispered back.

"Well done ladies, you almost blew our cover" Sirius scoffed

"What cover?" Questioned Mary

"We're spying on Lily and James" Peter grinned

"Cool! Let me have a look" Rosaleé exclaimed, clambering over Remus to get a better look. Sure enough James and Lily were sat together closely laughing and chatting quietly, occasionally taking a sip out of their drinks looking fairly cosy.

"No! Not cool!" Mary hushed, "that's a complete violation of their privacy"

"Well I think it's great to be honest" Marlene giggled.

"Come on, we should be going now" Mary glanced at the clock on the wall "the carriages leave soon"

"Urg you're no fun" Sirius pouted

"Mary's right. Let's go before we're caught" Remus said standing up and holding out a hand for Rosaleé to take, helping her up.

"Fine" Rosa groaned taking his hand and jumping up from behind the booth.

The group started walking out of the door when Rosaleé caught James eye. Behind his glasses his expression was confused but when he glanced at the other Maruders a look of understanding and amusement flashed across his face.

"Shit! We've been caught. Run!" Rosaleé shouted, still holding Remus' hand and dragging him out of the door with Sirius, Peter,Marlene and Mary all running behind them.

The group all sat panting in one carriage from the distance they had all ran, all squished up together.

"Fuck" Marlene breathed, "that was too much effort"

"Agreed" sighed Peter lounging in fatigue on Rosaleé

"Lily's gonna kick our arses"

"Yep"

———————————————————————————
A/N

Hey guys! I really wanted to thank you for getting this story to 1k reads so quickly.

It means so much to me. I can't thank you enough!

-M