58"

31st October 1981

31st October 1981

The wind howled. It whistled around the small cottage, the waves towered as the sky grew dark.

Rosaleé and Viola had fallen asleep on the Sofa resting on Remus as he watched the sea churn ferociously from the comfort of his home.

Remus was troubled. He was worried about Peter. He'd not seemed himself lately and always found an excuse to avoid them. He seemed to be struggling with the war outside. Remus wished he could help him but Peter was no where to be found.

The house seems to rattle due to the force of the weather beating against it.

Suddenly a shimmer flew through the door.

A Phoenix Patronous

The light emitted caused Rosaleé to stir from her sleep and glance at Remus worriedly.

Remus and Rosaleé
Voldemort has fallen. The Potters are dead, Harry Potter has survived. He is staying with his closest relatives.

Sirius Black was the traitor, he has murmured Peter Pettigrew and serval muggles, he is currently on his way to Azkaban for his crimes.

It has all been taken care of.
The war is over

You have my severe condolences

Albus Dumbledore

The couple froze.

They couldn't do any thing.

Silent tears ran down their face.

James and Lily

Baby Harry

Precious Peter.

Sirius... traitor...

"No" Rosaleé whispered "no! No no no! I refuse to believe it!" She chocked out finally coming to the realisation.

Remus didn't say anything. Violent tears ran down his face in small rivers. He clutched the sofa arm tightly preventing himself from falling. Suppressing an agonising scream, not wanting to wake Viola the couple fell into each other. Tears mingling together as they gripped each other tightly.
Their pain suffocating them. Their heart shattering shard by shard every passing minute.

They couldn't be dead.

They couldn't be.

Lily. The kindest girl they had ever had the pleasure to meet. The girl who forced Rosa to study with her in the library, the girl who helped Remus when he needed it most. The woman with the fierce head of red hair. The woman with a fierce heart.

James. The most gentle, funny, brave. He loved with all his heart. The boy who laughed and joked as he flew around the Hogwarts grounds ruffling his stupid messy hair, trying to woo Lily Evans.
The boy who was like a brother. The boy who welcomed Rosaleé with open arms.

Peter. The sweet, scaredy boy who never seemed to grow up. The boy both Rosaleé and Remus saw as a little brother. He was always a step behind the others . But Rosa loved him. She did.

How dare he? How dare he do that to them?

Did they ever really know Sirius Black?

Was he ever their friend?

Was he planning this all along?

I guess they'd never know.

For they were all alone now.

Their hearts slowly tore apart.

Though they were gone they had to continue. They had a daughter. They would have to learn to fix each other's hearts and learn to not live without them but to live with the love they left behind.

And little Harry Potter would have a lot to learn.

———————————————————————————
A/N

🥲
Sorry