51"

The weeks had passed quickly for the students at Hogwarts

The weeks had passed quickly for the students at Hogwarts. The Easter holidays were long over and their remaining time in school slowly dwindled.

The summer sun that usually created and aura happiness and freedom was now overshadowed with a looming effect of loss and pain. The death eaters attacks had started to occurs more often, each more brutal than the last.

The war that was brewing had started to boil.

"I can't believe it's our last week here" Mary sighed to the girls who we're all laying on their beds.

"I know" Alice agreed "I don't want to leave. It's scary out there"

"As long as us girls have each other we'll be fine" Rosaleé tried to reassure.

Truthfully they were all terrified. They were just Young adults thrusted into the horrors of war.

"Of course" Lily agreed

"It seems like just yesterday I had to fight Mary for this bunk bed" Marlene sighed

"And I would of won as well if you didn't-"

"I don't want to hear the excuses" Marlene interrupted waving Mary off.

"I start my aura training as soon as we leave" Rosaleé spoke quietly "I don't think I'm going to be good enough to save people from the things out there"

"It's impossible to save everyone Rosa" Lily said softly "and I know you'd do amazing, you and Alice. You'd both be so badass"

Rosaleé and Alice giggled a little at the compliment.

While at the Devaux manner Rosaleé had received her NEWTs results, them mostly being Es and some Os, all thanks to Lily's study groups. She had a meeting with McGonagall discussing possible career options and eventually settled on an Auror. She felt as if she had to make some kind of difference. To try and save people from the horrors outside the castle, for that's what Rosa did without knowing. Save people. Like she saved Remus, like she tried to save Peter.

"What about you Lily? What are you doing?" Alice asked

"I'm thinking of becoming a healer" she replied

"Well you certainly have the grades" Marlene laughed "I'm not sure what I want to do at the minute. I think I'm just going to see where life takes me"

"Me too" Mary agreed nodding.

A silence washed over the girls as they thought. Their blankets pulled up to their chins.

"Have you heard about the Abbotts?" Alice whispered

"Oh it's horrible!" Lily exclaimed "I could never imagine loosing my parents that way" she sighed sadly

"Poor Amelia. I can only imagine how she's feeling" Mary sympathised "they were muggles, they had no defences"

"I'm a muggleborn"  Lily whispered quietly staring at the wall, worry filling her eyes.

"Lily Evans" Rosaleé started getting out of her bed and into Lily's "I swear to you, we will all be fine. It's my promise to you. And if any of those cowardly shits touches even a beautiful red strand of hair on your head or you're families, they'd be wishing they were never born"

Lily chuckled sadly hugging Rosaleé tightly

"I know Rosa"

Rosaleé, Lily and the Marauders all stood infont of Dumbledore in his office. Rosa and the Marauders shot each other looks of panic thinking they'd finally done something so terrible that Dumbledore had to speak to them.

"Thank you all for coming" The headmaster smiled offering them a lemon drop "now you must be wondering as to why I called you here"

"Before you say anything, it wasn't us!" Rosaleé exclaimed causing an "amen" from Sirius.

"Although I'm intrigued as to what you've been up to Miss Devaux that's was not the reason why I called you here"

"It's not?" James asked surprised as Lily elbowed him in the side.

"It is not Mr Potter. As you all probably aware, there is a war outside. And I shall not lie to you and say that it will pass easily. I have been spending a lot of time away from the castle on business, scouting alliances. For you see I have started a resistance, The Order Of The Phoenix. As some of the most intelligent and strong students in Hogwarts I feel I must offer you an opportunity. How would you all feel about joining and fighting?"

———————————————————————————
A/N

Oh 😳

I feel like I've not written Marlene, Lily, Mary and Alice in agesszzz