56"

July 1981

July 1981

Rosaleé spun around the living room with Viola in her arms singing to Dancing Queen.
Viola gurgled and wiggled to the music while she pulled the ends of her mother's hair happily.

Remus was sat watching amused in an armchair while glancing at his book every so often, his reading glasses perched on his nose.

Rosaleés hair tumbled out of the messy bun that was scrambled up on top of her head as her eye shone with love for her daughter.

It was scary how much Rosa and Viola looked alike. With the same blond hair and mischievous smile, you could tell she was definitely a Devaux. Still she had Remus' kind warm eyes and soft face. Unfortunately for the parents she hadn't inherited Remus' laid back gentle attitude, instead embodying Rosas quick feisty attitude, of which poor Harry Potter had unfortunately had to endure.

Remus and Rosaleé often took her to play with Alice and Frank little boy, Neville. Viola seemed to get on better with Neville than Harry. Perhaps because Neville didn't splatter sauce over her face. The pair would often spend a lot of time together as both Rosa and Alice worked together in the Aura department meaning that Neville and Viola had a lot of time together while their parents were working.
Viola would often ask for "Nev" and Neville "vi".
Viola always become fiercely protective over Neville making Alice and Rosa laugh at the little girl standing guard over Neville.

The kettle in the kitchen started Whistling causing Rosaleé to place Viola on Remus' lap and go and pour herself a cup of tea.
As she stirred the tea bag around an owl fluttered to the window. The woman frowned moving over the the windowsill with her mug of tea and untying the piece of parchment from the owls leg and started reading it.

The ceramic mug crashed to the floor sending bits of pottery all over, shattering. The hot water scolded her feet but she was numb to the burning. Her eyes welled as sob escaped her lips. Falling to the floor she rested on her knees on the shards of pottery. Sobs racking her body as she held her hand over her mouth the other hand holding the letter.

"Rosie?!" Remus shouted running into the kitchen to see his wife kneeling on the floor in a pile of broken pottery, her knees bleeding and tears streaming down her face. "What is it? What's a matter?" He shushed dropping down to his knees and embracing her, rocking back and forth.

"M-Marls" she chocked out as her tears mixed with the spilt tea on the floor  "Marlene, s- she's-"

"What about Marlene, Rosie?"

"She- she's gone Rem" Rosaleé breathed finally giving out and collapsing in Remus arms "she's really gone" Rosa cried, her eyes red and puffy as Remus held her tightly with no intention of letting her go "her whole family. Gone"

"It's okay. I've got you. It's okay Rosie" Remus hushed kissing her head as tears formed in his own eyes.

———————————————————————————
A/N

IM VIOLENTLY UPSET