Chapter 13

Trying to keep myself calm, I look toward my phone and play one of my games, a simple connect three game that is way too simple but way too addictive to give up. My heart beating nervously, regardless. A slight small voice in the back of my mind beginning to nitpick it's way into my brain, telling me that it's going to go horribly. However, Momo's constant chatter, trying to help me keep distracted, helps me relax as she goes on and on about baby stories of Ryoku and Kōri. A little smile plays on my lips as I nervously bounce my knee in the car as Momo drives us to the afternoon tea place.

Despite the anxiety swirling in my stomach, I couldn't help but feel excited. I was going to meet eight Pro Heroes! All of them being people that I've admired and looked up to ever since I saw them on tv! I couldn't wait! I get to spend lunchtime with eight amazing female pro heroes! This is something that people could only dream of! I'm living some people's biggest dream! It's unbelievable, almost.

See! This is why you babysit!

Smiling gently, Momo reverses the car into a parking bay and clears her throat with a small hum as she pulls up the handbrake before making sure she's in the correct gear and switching the car off. The black haired woman sending me a reassuring smile as I take a deep breath to psyche myself up, telling myself that I can do this. I can do this! I can! I will! I am!

After checking herself out in the mirror, making sure her eyeliner and her mascara are perfect, Momo nods to herself before sending a smile toward me as I make sure that I'm suitable for meeting the heroes. Clearing my throat, I place my phone in my pocket and push myself out of the car, my throat going dry when I notice how expensive the cars around me were. This is insane! There was a pink Porsche! Some sports cars that looked way too expensive to exist.

I'm so going to stick out like a sore thumb!

Gulping nervously, I look toward Momo who gives me a reassuring thumbs up and leads me through the parking lot and into the back entrance of the afternoon tea place to avoid paparazzi. My eyes widen as we walk into the place, the sheer decor of it made my apartment look like a poor mans bungalow. There were marble pillars dotted around the main eating area, expensive painted pinned to the cream white walls. Tables had eccentric centrepieces, assorting from a mini sculpture to a mini plant in beautiful plant pots.

As we weave through the main area, Momo sends me a final look to make sure that I was still with her and didn't erode into anxiety before looking toward the table full of girls. My eyes widening at the sheer amount of them.

Oh my god this was really happening! Oh god!

As we near the table, Pinky (Red Riot's wife!) jumps in excitement and claps her hands. Her bright yellow eyes glittering with joy as she bounces toward Momo and wraps her arms around the taller woman with a giggle. Pinky was so much beautiful in person compared to on tv. Her hair was a soft pink colour and was curly, with adorable yellow horns poking out of her ringlets. The heroine was clad in a black galaxy print cropped hoodie with ripped jeans, Red Riot merchandise pins were clipped to her hoodie making me whine at how adorable that was! She was so supportive of her husband!

"Is this her?" Pinky asks, a big playful grin on her lips as she points toward me while Momo nods and winks toward her. The pink skinned woman squeals excited and suddenly glomps me making me squeak nervously and try not to implode on sight, "Hi! I'm Mina! I've heard so much about you! Kat doesn't stop talking about you!"