Chapter 28

Smiling to myself, I drive down the motorway toward a nearby grocery store while Katsuki rests a hand on my thigh. Both of us needing to take a quick pit stop to the store before going back to his house due to me needing to grab a couple of instant meals for Sakino for next week and Katsuki needing to stock up on certain foods. The male cheekily squeezing every now and then making me curse under my breath with a giggle, sticking my tongue out toward him which would make him snort. A small grin on his lips as I drive up to the grocery store and park up in a free slot.

Turning off the ignition, I press a soft kiss to my boyfriends lips before grabbing some grocery bags and leaving the car. The pair of us shut our doors before I lock up the car. Being the gentleman that I know he is, Katsuki takes the grocery bags from me and holds them under his arm while he laces his other hand in mine. Trying to bite back the blush threatening to pursue itself across my cheeks, I walk beside him into the store and we head toward the vegetable section first so Katsuki could get what he needed for our meal.

Clicking his tongue, standing in front of the vegetables with his hands on his hips, Katsuki eyes it all before grabbing a packet of bok choy, some carrots, mushrooms, peppers, spring onions, broccoli and some shallots. The male placing them all in the basket that I had managed to get as we walked in. After he makes sure that he has enough vegetables for the pair of us, we walk toward the dry foods section for him to grab some noodles and pasta.

As he judges between a couple of them, he looks toward me to see which ones I would prefer making my lips curl up into a smile. He's not only thinking of himself anymore and it's adorable when he looks toward me to see if I have any objection toward anything that he's picking out. Sending him a smile, I point toward one of them making him nod and slide it into the basket.

Before we could move to another section, a little hand pokes Katsuki's back making him turn around and look toward the small little girl who's close to tears. Sharing a look, Katsuki kneels down in front of the girl and sends her a small smile as she wipes her eyes and takes a deep breath. My heart almost breaking as she sniffles.

"A — are you Dynamight?" She asks, her voice cracking as Katsuki looks toward me for a tissue to which I hand him one from my purse and let him wipe the girls eyes. The little girl sniffling as Katsuki nods, "I — I lost my mommy... I — I don't know where she is,"

"Okay, take a deep breath for me," Katsuki tells her, letting her hold his hand as she takes a deep breath. The girl copying Katsuki with a sniffle, "That's it, can you tell me your name?"

"A — Anzu," She whimpers, sniffling as Katsuki nods and rubs her back as he looks toward me making me smile gently and take a deep breath, "I — I don't know where my mommy is,"

"We'll find her, don't worry," I coo gently, handing her another tissue before letting her hold Katsuki's hand as we head toward one of the store workers, "Whats your mommy look like, sweetie?"

"She... she has brown hair and... she's really tall," Anzu explains, sniffling gently before giggling as Katsuki picks her up gently and she clings to him tightly, "I didn't know where she went,"

"Well we'll find her," Katsuki tells her, calling over one of the workers and explaining the situation while Anzu fiddles with his blonde locks, "They're gonna do an announcement so your mom can come and get you okay?"

"Thank you," Anzu says, giggling as Katsuki sticks his tongue out before she looks toward me and waving nervously before whispering to Katsuki, "Your girlfriends really pretty and nice,"

"I know," Katsuki whispers back, winking toward the little girl who giggles before looking around to try and see if her mother was coming, "You see your mom?"