Chapter 32

Sakino giggles to herself as she watches me throw all my clothes out of my closet while I try desperately to find an outfit for this evening. The blue skinned girl snorting when I slump against the door of the closet. Her eyes shimmering in a teasing manner as she takes joy out of my suffering. A small whine leaving my lips as I sit at the bottom of the closet surrounded by a pile of clothes. My mouth contorting into a pouty set of lips and while I run my hand over the many different outfits that I have. Then, after getting even more frustrated with myself, I flop into the numerous amount of clothing on the floor and lay like a beached whale on them. Giving up on life and everything else in between.

With today being a very huge milestone for Katsuki's and I's relationship, I wanted to look my best. I needed today to go a smooth and as happily as possible. He's finally going to meet my parents! He's going to be speaking to my parents and he's going to be speaking to my brothers. He'll be meeting my family for the first time and first impressions are everything! I mean, I'm probably more anxious about today than Katsuki is... and I've already met my family! God, this so going to be a disaster!

Okay, (Y/n), deep breaths... in through your nose for four, hold for four, out through your mouth for four, hold for four. Envision the square in your mind and calm. It's just a dinner. It's a dinner with people. People that you hold very close to your heart. People that worry about you too much for your own safety. People that have meant so much to you. Katsuki will be fine. He's a big boy. He's handled worse than family dinners. He's faced Nomu's, he's been kidnapped twice and he's been attacked multiple times. He can do this...

As I try to calm myself down, I did the most stupid thing I could do and look toward the clock to check the time. My eyes widening when I stare at the four digits flashing back at me. Oh god... What time was dinner again?!

Did I put the cheesecake in the fridge last night?!

Noticing I'm about to fall off the cliff of sanity and plunge into the pit of anxiety that's practically wrapping itself around my ankles and pulling me in, Sakino walks toward me and wraps her arms around my shoulders to ground me. The girl buries my head into her shoulder while I snuggle into her and take a deep breath. Her hand rubbing circles on my back gently while I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Stomach contorting anxiously.

"Listen, dinner is at half six, you have plenty of time to get there," Sakino reassured me as she sits in front of me and lets me squeeze her hands tightly to try and calm myself, "The cheesecake is in the fridge, you put it in there overnight and so is the chocolate gateaux. Katsuki's got the eclairs and the profiteroles at his house and he's bringing ice cream when he picks you up. Everything is where it needs to be, now deep breaths,"

"God, Sakino... what if this goes badly?" I ask worried, staring at her with tears in my eyes while she rubs circles with her thumbs on the backs of my palms, "I want this to go well so bad... I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't..."

"Hey, you said yourself that your mom thinks he's nice, it'll go great," She reassured me, kissing my forehead and turning toward her new girlfriend, the redhead from the bar who's name is Akamai, when the doorbell rings. The girl giggling when Sakino sticks her tongue out, "Babe, can you just get that please? It'll be Katsuki,"

"Will do," Akamai hums, kissing Sakino's cheek before heading toward the door to greet Katsuki while Sakino rubs my arms and lets me take a deep breath, "Hi, (Y/n)'s in her bedroom with Sakino,"

As soon as the front door closes and the sounds of Katsuki's boots against the laminated floor echoes around the house, I take a deep breath and wipe my eyes quickly. I didn't really want Katsuki seeing me as a nervous wreck before dinner. I didn't want to worry him nor get him anxious about this evening. However, despite my efforts, as soon as Katsuki walks in, I make grabby hands toward him and sniffle. The male chuckling gently as he picks me up and kisses my cheek while rocking us back and forth.