Chapter 37

Humming a soft tune to myself, I stand at the kitchen counter of Katsuki's home with a kitchen knife in hand and a cooking apron slung around my body. Eyes focusing on the food in front of me as I sway softly to the music echoing through the kitchen. A faint smile playing on my lips as I mumble the words to one of my favourite songs while bobbing my head up and down with the beat. My foot taps against the linoleum floor, tapping to the beat that is echoing around the room while I slice the vegetables on the chopping board in front of me. The sound of the knife snapping against the chopping board echoes around through the kitchen.

On the stove, bubbling away in salted boiling water, were some noodles that I had made from scratch the other day. The starchy food slowly becoming softer as the time passes while I begin to sort out the vegetables for the dish. I had already sliced up the spring onions, diced the small mushrooms and diced the red pepper into cubes to get fried when I finish up the rest of the vegetables and the sauce that I'm going to make for this noodle dish that I'm creating for my boyfriend for his lunch.

In front of me, lays three cloves of garlic ready to be chopped up. Each and every clove had been peeled from their skin. Humming gently, I crush the garlic underneath the flat blade of my knife before beginning to slice it up into finer slices. A small bowl stands next to me, waiting to be filled with the ingredients for the sauce I'm about to make. My mouth watering at the sheer thought of the dish I'm about to make my boyfriend. A faint giggle leaving my lips when another one of my favourite songs comes on as I add the crushed and sliced garlic to the bowl.

Swaying to the beat of the song, I begin to make the sauce. Adding equal parts of sesame oil, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and a little squeeze of golden syrup. The smile on my lips unable to get any smaller as I add a small dash of Chinese five spice as well as slicing up some ginger to add into there. Spicy and distinct smells begin to fill the kitchen as I stir it all together to let the aromatic sauce combine into one and unleash their tangy flavours that'll jump into your mouth as soon as you taste it.

I couldn't even wait for Katsuki to try this! I know he'll love it so much!

After having a quick taste, I begin to fry the vegetable in olive oil. Allowing each food to become vibrant with colour and flavour while I look toward the noodles to make sure that they're not over boiling and becoming too soft that they're almost chewy in a way. My stomach flips excitedly at the sheer thought of feeding Katsuki this. Mind whirring a mile a minute as I fry the the vegetables before adding the sauce to it.

While the sauce and the vegetables are cooking away, I grab the colander from the cupboard and drain the noodles. A faint smile on my lips as I begin to add the noodles to the sauce and the vegetables before tossing it all up together to combine all the components of the dish. The smell wafting through the kitchen makes my stomach grumble and my mouth water. A hum leaving my lips as I grab Katsuki's box and fill it full with the garlicky noodles I have made for him.

With his lunch made, I grab his chopsticks and place them in their little holder in the box before sliding it into my purse. After I turn off the stove and allow the pots and pans I have used to soak in the sink, I grab my purse and slip my shoes onto my feet. Hand wrapping around my phone as I check the address of Katsuki's hero agency, making sure that I have the right address so I don't get myself in a pickle and end up somewhere where I don't know. My eyes shimmering with happiness as I open up the front door and leave the house.

After the door is locked, I clear my throat and head toward my boyfriends agency. My shoes clicking against the pavement as I walk down the sidewalk, smiling toward the pedestrians I walk past. A small skip in my step as I walk past All Might's agency (I believe it used to be All Might's and Izuku took it over but then Shoto's told me that Toya's wife owns it). My eyes focusing in on the building standing tall up ahead, knowing full well that that is my boyfriends hero agency.