Chapter 16

"Are you sure you want to go back to babysitting, (Y/n)?" Sakino asks as I stand in front of the mirror wearing a simple jeans and t shirt combo while brushing my hair, debating whether or not to put it into a braid or just a low ponytail, "You don't have to go back right away, you can call Toya? I'm sure he wouldn't mind picking the twins up again,"

"Sakino, I need to get back to some sort of normality, I spend five days in the apartment doing nothing," I reply, swallowing down the phlegm in my throat as I grab a hair tie and brush my hair back into a ponytail, grabbing a scrunchie to secure it in place with a small hum, "I need to go out and I need to do something instead of wallowing in my room all day,"

"If you're sure... then okay," Sakino hums, sending me a small smile as I tuck my phone in my pant pocket and tuck my shirt into my jeans with a smile, "But, I'm driving you to the school, to the Todoroki estate and back home. Okay?"

"If it makes you feel better, yes," I reply, looking toward Sakino who watches me clip some earrings into my ears and clear my throat before heading toward the bathroom to spit out the bile in the back of my throat, "I just need to get back to normality, I'm gonna do some catch up work too,"

"Okay, let's get going then," Sakino hums, grabbing my car keys and sending me a reassuring smile as I pick up my books and note pad and pencil case and follow her out the apartment, "You got everything? You need to take your weighted blanket?"

"I'll be okay," I reply, tucking a stray hair behind my ear and letting her lock the door shut. Taking a deep breath to centre myself, I unwrap a cereal bar with a small hum and take small bites of it as we head down the stairs toward the exit do the complex, "Thank you Sakino,"

"Hey, no problem, I'm here for you whenever you need me," Sakino hums, rubbing my back as we head down the stairs and past the lobby reception, to the double doors making me smile, "You're my girl,"

As we step out of the comfort of the apartment complex, my stomach begins to coil. My throat threatening to bring my cereal bar back up as I tighten my grip on my bag and walk through the parking lot toward my car. Sakino rests a reassuring hand on my back as we walk to the car and get in, I throw my bag in the back and clear my throat, buckling myself in with a small hum.

Sakino gently turns on the ignition and pulls out of the parking lot with a small smile, the girl turning on the radio with a giggle while I look out the window and smile to myself. My eyes watching the people we drive by and even trying to look at the registration plates on the cars we drive past. Trying to keep myself as calm as possible, not wanting to bail out on the twins after I promised them that I'd pick them up today after having a very long phone call with them both.

Despite not seeing the twins or Shoto or Momo for the past few days, they still take time out of their busy day to make sure that I'm okay and that I'm getting better. The twins tell me all about their day and what they get up to with their Uncle Toya and their cousins. Ryoku telling me that him and his oldest cousin, Hiro, went to the ice cream shop and Kōri telling me that he and Toya did some colouring with his other cousins.

Shoto and Momo would tell me all the latest gossip, Momo more than Shoto. Momo telling me that Kyoka went in for her scan the other day and she has a sonogram pinned to the fridge for me to see when I come over.

I even had Mina and Ochaco contact me! Which totally made my brothers jealous!

Other than talking to Momo, Shoto, the twins, Ochaco and Mina, I was stuck at home doing absolutely nothing. I would watch tv. I would try to do some coursework for my degree so I didn't fall behind before giving up and getting annoyed with myself for no reason. I would try to make something in the kitchen before getting too impatient and settling for a sandwich instead.