Chapter 52

Yawning gently, my eyes flutter open as the sound of birds chirping outside my window signals that the day has finally begun. A faint smile stretches across my lips as I shift underneath my covers and stretch my arms over my head. The delicious burn in my hips reminds me of the activities from the previous night making me hum and admire my engagement ring settling happily on my engagement finger. Heart swells with utter happiness as I slide out of bed and grab my bed robe, my whole body releasing an aura of happiness. Slipping into my slippers and tying my robe, I check my reflection in the mirror and smile at it. This is probably the most happy I've felt ever when it comes to waking up.

Usually, I'm grouchy as fuck in the mornings. I am really not a morning person and Katsuki can definitely vouch for me on that front. The amount of times I've snapped at him in the mornings is astronomical. It's like the cliché : don't talk to me until I've had my coffee (but I'm not really a coffee drinker and I don't see the fascination).

I head downstairs to the kitchen with my head held high, the smell of pancakes wafting through the air as I get to the bottom step while my stomach calls out to me to get the food that smells so divine. Immediately, like a moth to a flame, I'm drawn toward the kitchen. My eyes fall upon Katsuki already whizzing around the kitchen like no mans business. The male smiling to himself as he flips the pancakes and flawlessly manages to catch it. He knows he's good at that. He's good at practically everything he does.

Happily, I walk into the kitchen and lean against the counter as he piles the pancakes up on the plate. A grin plays across his lips as he leans across to me and captures my lips against his, a faint hum leaves my lips as he pulls away and smiles. Katsuki's eyes glimmer with pure love as he sets the pancakes down and hands me the toppings for them. Licking my lips, I sit down and immediately begin to dig into my meal. My stomach happily taking the food while Katsuki sits opposite me to do the same. My fiancé playfully throwing strawberries at my from time to time to tease me.

My fiancé...

God. I can't believe it. Katsuki and I are engaged! We're soon to be husband and wife. He's going to be my husband! Five years ago, I would not have thought I'd be engaged to someone as powerful and as strong and as amazing as Kat. It's almost surreal... marrying someone like Katsuki. There's so much to sort out but I know that it'll come further down the line.

While I eat, I can't help but notice the gleam of my engagement ring in the light of the dining room. The diamond that's the star of the show reminding me of the fact that I'm engaged to someone as successful and as romantic as Katsuki Bakugo. The ring sits cosy on my finger, nesting just above the dips where my fingers connect to my palm. On Katsuki's hand, there's a simple silver engagement band that sits on his engagement finger, a ring that used to belong to his grandfather when he was engaged to his grandmother. An heirloom that Masaru passed on to Katsuki a couple months ago when Katsuki and I had been dating for a while.

"So what's the plan for today?" I ask, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear and swallowing down the last of the pancakes from my plate while I lean against the table and slide my hand into his, "Do you have work today?"

"Nope, but I do have a present for you," Katsuki explains, setting down his cutlery and chuckling as I tilt my head confused. He's already given me plenty of presents that I've been so so spoiled that I can't even begin to think about repaying him, "It's an engagement gift, I bought it a couple weeks ago and it's finally ready for you,"

"What is it?" I ask, sending him a nervous smile as he clears his throat and grabs the empty plates to place in the dishwasher, "Can I know what it is?"

"Go get yourself dressed, put your shoes on and I'll take you there," Katsuki speaks up, kissing my cheek before walking off toward the bathroom to have a shower, "You'll love it, I promise you,"