Chapter 35

Taking a deep breath, I stare at my reflection in the mirror of Katsuki's bedroom. My tongue clamped down in between my teeth as I pick and pick and pick at my reflection. Stomach flipping with nausea as I do a little spin in the mirror to make sure there isn't even a speck of dust on my choice of clothes. A small swirl of anxiety burning in my stomach as I look over my person. Eyes tracing each and every inch of my being, making sure that it's all perfect and it's all good enough for this evening. Legs practically feeling like jelly as I bite my lip, thinking that maybe this outfit can't possibly be good enough for tonight.

Before I could even think about heading toward my half of Katsuki's closet, said male wraps his arms around my waist to keep me planted in place. His large callous hands slowly resting on my hips as he rests his cheek on top of me head. Ruby eyes scan over my figure before a grin stretches across his face, a kiss being planted against my temple relaxes me slightly. His hands grounding me. Making sure that I don't go insane and practically wear everything in my wardrobe before I finally make a decision. A first impression is everything... especially to a boyfriends parents... I don't want to mess this up because I'm wearing things that don't match or I'm wearing something too revealing or...

I just don't want to make a bad impression!

Tonight, for the first time in our relationship, I will be meeting Katsuki's parents. I'll be meeting the man and woman who raised Katsuki and the two people that are probably the most important people in the world to him other than his close friends. It's probably the most nerve wracking experience that I will be dealing with for the first time since I started my University degree. I don't even know what they're like! Izuku says that Katsuki is like a mini version of his mother and that his father is quite quiet and sweet. Plus they're fashion designers.

Sighing to myself, I look at my clothes adorning my body. A pair of blue denim jeans hanging off my legs, hugging my legs softly and accentuating every curve of my lower half of my body. Katsuki grins to himself as he mumbles about how good the jeans hug my ass (so I definitely know that tonight he'll want to do something when we get home). On my top half, a simple spaghetti strap vest top with a shirt unbuttoned over the top with a white, black and grey plaid pattern. The bottom of the shirt was tucked in slightly to make it look more neater and I am planning on wearing my leather jacket over the top with my sneakers.

I just hope that this is good enough for his parents... they're fashion designers after all. They know what works and what doesn't work... they know what's fashionable. I just don't want them to pick apart my clothing... or even my figure. They work with models! Surely! Oh god! Oh god! Oh —

"You look beautiful, Baby Face, they're gonna love you," Katsuki mumbles into my hair with a grin as he squeezes my hips to bring me back into the present and out of my head. A faint laugh leaving my lips as he nibbles my earlobe, "My mom and dad will adore you so much, I know they will,"

"You really think so?" I ask, turning around in his arms to look up at him. A laugh echoing around the room as Katsuki nods eagerly and pulls me close for a quick kiss, "So you think that what I'm wearing is good? They'll like it? They won't pick it apart? And you think they'll like the profiteroles? I can make cake too, if you —"

"You're spiralling baby," Katsuki hums cutting me off, a small nervous smile playing on my lips as I fiddle with the buttons of his t shirt, "You look amazing and the food you cook is delicious. They will love you, now let's go before you pop a blood vessel,"

Swallowing down the bile of anxiety in the back of my throat, I follow Katsuki out of the bedroom and head toward the kitchen to grab the box I had made full of our dessert for after our dinner. Since I didn't know what Katsuki's parents liked, I sort of stress-baked as soon as Katsuki's friends left the house. I made little mini quiches for a starter full of goats cheese, caramelised onions and mushrooms as well as homemade garlic pitta breads and their own dips (something that Katsuki loves). Then, I made a batch of profiteroles and eclairs as well as a rhubarb pie with the leftover rhubarb from back home.