Chapter 44

Katsuki isn't happy in the slightest. This is probably the most pissed off I have seen him from the first time I've met him. His eyes are narrow, eyebrows slanting down into a frown while his teeth grinds together. Little sparks pop off from his palms making my stomach swirl with utter fear. Throat trying to close as I look out the window of the car and calm myself down. Feet won't stop moving. Knees shaking as I look down at my lap and fiddle around with my nails. Heart hammers against my chest as he guns it down the motorway.

We didn't go to lunch...

Never, in my whole life, have I seen Katsuki angry. He's always been angry at Deku or at Shoto or at Kirishima. I've seen all of that. It's quite amusing sometimes because that's sometimes how Katsuki lets them know he cares about them. However, I've never seen him angry angry. Let alone him being angry at me. He's often quite laid back around me. Never has he ever raised his voice at me. He's always making sure that I'm not uncomfortable. I've never, ever, had to endure the wrath that is Katsuki Bakugo.

I think that today, that's about to change...

Fear courses through my veins as he parks up at the driveway and leaves the car. He slams the door shut. Storms toward the front door and yanks it open before slamming it shut. He's left me in the car. My eyes widen slightly. He's always come to open the car door for me... I've never, ever seen him like this and I don't think I wanted too.

Swallowing the bile piling up in my throat down, I push open the door and shut it behind me. Hands shake as I reach for the front door and slowly open it. Slowly, I step in. Heart racing. Tongue fuzzy. Mouth dry. My eyes scan the rooms in front of me and guilt sits in my stomach. Pillows thrown across the room. A vase that I believe his mother got him for Christmas, shattered. My heart jumps into my throat as I slowly walk further into the house to try and find my boyfriend. Heart hammering as I find him in the kitchen tapping the counter. His foot tapping the floor.

Oh god...

Without a word, Katsuki heads toward the living room. Reluctantly, I follow after him and stand by the doorway as he sits on the couch and crosses his arms. His legs spreading across. He's shaking his head. He's annoyed. Even an idiot could see that. He's angry. He's confused. He's frustrated. He's downright pissed off. He doesn't know what's going on and I'm now getting bit in ass for not telling him...

I shouldn't have went back to the car. I should have ran farther away until I couldn't anymore. I should have gone home to my mom. I should have went to my apartment. Anywhere other than where I'm stuck right now.

I know if I run, he'll chase after me and drag me back until he has a final answer. Which is a possibility. Or he'll leave me to it and never come after me, finding me a lost cause in his life and try to find the next person he likes. Which could easily happen as well. He could just forget about me and find someone else...

The clearing of his throat drags me away from my thoughts. Ruby red eyes stare toward me as I look toward him. Eyes immediately go straight to the floor. A sigh leaves his lips. God. Why can't I run? That always works with every problem I've had. I don't like confronting things. That's not me... why does Katsuki want to do that?!

"What is going on with you?" He asks bluntly, not sugar coating anything. My boyfriend isn't the conscientious guy at the moment. He's ready to kill, "Answer me now, what the fuck is going on with you?"

"Kat, I —"

"I don't want any fucking excuses that you're not ready or that you have a stupid deadline, I'm not playing your fucking game anymore," Katsuki growls making the hairs on my neck stand up while my back prickles with goosebumps, "You will tell me what's going on now. No excuses. No tiptoeing. You. Will. Tell. Me,"