Chapter 4

Groaning gently, a small hiss leaves my lips as my eyes slowly flutter open and the sunlight cracking through the blinds try to blind me. Taking a deep breath, letting myself adjust to the surroundings a bit and trying to ignore the numbing headache bashing against my skull as I sit up and run my fingers through my hair. A groan leaving my lips as I realise I've just slept in my makeup, before narrowing my eyes as I feel a rather heavy weight against my sides.

After stretching my hands over my head and yawning gently, shaking my head to pull myself out of the sleepy haze I'm in, I look down at the covers before biting back a small smile. My heart swelling fondly as I look toward the two twins fast asleep, each one beside me. Ryoku on his back, his arm rest against my thigh, the boy starfishing in his Dynamight pyjamas screaming the words 'Die!' on the front (Dynamight's rather violent catchphrase that he's known for). While, on my other side, laid Kōri curled up to my side with his thumb in his mouth, the boy gently humming as his hand clings to my finger, clad in his Deku pyjamas closely resembling his hero costume.

Giggling to myself, I gently run my hand through their heads of hair, smiling as they whine gently. First one to wake up was Kōri, the little boy rubbing his eyes as he slowly sits up and yawns tiredly, leaning against my side as he hums gently and snuggles himself into me making me smile and ruffle his hair gently while Ryoku covers his eyes with a pout.

"How come you two are in here and not in your room?" I ask with a smile, watching as Kōri looks up at me sheepishly while Ryoku yawns loudly and stretches his arms over his head, "Hm? You both have a bed that's perfectly comfy,"

"Kōri had a nightmare," Ryoku says sitting up with a hum, pushing himself to his feet before bouncing on the bed with a giggle, ignoring me as I try to get him to stop jumping as Kōri pouts and hides his face in my side, "So we came to you! You're really comfy, (Y/n) - chan!"

"You okay, bud?" I ask, looking toward Kōri who nervously nods and makes grabby hands toward me, smiling as I pull him into my arms and walk out of my room, "Ryoku off the bed, come on, let's go get some breakfast,"

Giggling, Ryoku jumps off the bed and collides into my legs with a bright smile before skipping toward the kitchen. Kōri buries his head sleepily into my neck as I walk down the hallway and into the kitchen, setting Kōri down on the kitchen counter before setting my hands on my hips as I watch Ryoku climb onto the counter and open up one of the cupboards, completely ignoring my rather confused face.

As soon as Ryoku pulls out some soba noodles, I clear my throat. The little black haired boy pouts gently toward me as I arch a brow, watching him set the soba noodles down on the counter and looking toward me expectantly. Who has soba for breakfast?...

"You're not having soba for breakfast, Ryoku," I tell him, arching a brow as he points toward Kōri who pouts toward me, "Kōri isn't having soba for breakfast either,"

"But daddy has soba for breakfast," Kōri whines, pouting as I place the soba back into its place in the cupboard and poking his nose gently making him giggle gently, "Why can't we have soba for breakfast? It's yummy!"

"Because soba is for dinner or lunch you silly billy," I coo; ruffling his hair making him giggle and swing his tiny feet back and forth, "Daddy shouldn't have soba for breakfast, how about we have pancakes? I'll put chocolate spread with it? Or syrup?"

"Pancakes!" The twins squeal happily, throwing their hands in the air. Ryoku jumping up and down on the counter making me giggle and shake my head as I pick him up and ruffle his hair, "Pancakes!"

"Ryoku, don't stand on the counter, you could fall and hurt your head," I gently scold, setting him down on his feet and watching him happily dance around the kitchen while muttering pancakes while Kōri does a little wriggle on the counter with a giggle, "How do you two have so much energy in the morning?"