Chapter 42

"I'm gonna take her up to the hotel room, I think she got a bit overwhelmed with it all,"

Looking down at my feet, not wanting to look at all the sympathetic glances sent my way, I lean into my boyfriend. I didn't want pity right now. I just wanted Katsuki. A faint hum leaves my lips as he keeps his hand on the small of my back, rubbing soothing circles on my back to keep me grounded while he explains to our friends that we're gonna retire earlier than we had anticipated. As soon as the sound of sympathetic coos enters my ears, I curse under my breath. I just want to leave this place and go to the hotel room... I don't want pity. I don't need pity. Then again, that's probably everyone's go to mechanism when reacting to a friend having a meltdown.

Suddenly, arms are wrapped around me. The smell of Mina's perfume intermingles with Momo's as the women give me one last squeeze. Kyoka pats my back (not wanting to strain her back for a hug when her bump would get in the way) while Ochaco sends me a reassuring smile. Each and every gesture makes me sick to my stomach. Nausea and bile begin to climb up my throat. Threatening to force itself out of my mouth if I get one more 'I'm so sorry' or 'hope you get better soon' or even 'I know how you feel, these things can be hard'. I hate pity...

Just takes me back to high school. When the whole school found out about my incident. There wasn't a single time where someone didn't look at me normally. There were always sympathetic stares. The 'you'll get through this' pep talks. The 'why don't you take a moment to breathe' talks. People left me flowers. It's like I was dying when I was perfectly fine... all I had was an ugly scar on my stomach and a fear of knives that I slowly grew out of after using cooking and baking as my coping mechanism to deal with all the stress and anxiety. People don't understand that I didn't want their sympathy. Yes, I appreciate the sentiment but only do it once or twice... not everyday for the rest of my life.

I'm not made of glass!

Noticing that I'm growing more annoyed as time passes, Katsuki pulls me along and through the double doors to the hallway leading to the hotel rooms. His hand on my hand slides down to my hand. A faint smile on his lips as he leads me down the hallway with a keycard in his hands. His thumb rubs circles on the back of my hand as we head into the elevator and press the fifth floor of the hotel. A weak smile plays on my lips as Katsuki kisses my cheek and holds me close.

As the elevator door closes and it goes up, Katsuki sways us slightly making me smile. My stomach slowly dissipating from nausea to butterflies. Our eyes meet for a small second before we share a quick kiss. As we pull away, the elevator opens up onto our floor and Katsuki leads us through to our room for the evening. A grin on his lips as he swipes the keycard before covering my eyes with his hands. Biting back a small laugh, I slowly edge forward with his hands covering my eyes before stopping as he shuts the door.

As soon as his hands went off my eyes, I flutter my eyes open and gasp at the sight of the room. It's huge! A huge king sized double bed sits in the centre of the bedroom with a large flat screen TV nailed to the wall opposite where we lay down. Silk curtains frame the balcony that looks out toward the docks and the glistening sea. Fluffy pillows sit on the top of the bed, waiting for you to rest your head so you can be engulfed by it. A large sofa is in the corner, our bags sitting in the floor beside it.

"Oh my god..." I mumble, looking toward Katsuki who chuckles and sits on the bed with the biggest grin on his lips, "Kat... this is amazing,"

"Only the best for you and me, baby face," he coos, pulling me into his lap softly and rubbing my waist as I fiddle with the spiky strands of his hand, "How you feeling? You need a moment? Do I need get anything from the emergency basket?"

"I'm okay... I just want my pyjamas," I tell him honestly, rubbing the back of his neck as he nods and hoists me into his arms as he grabs my pyjamas from my suitcase, "M'sorry I ruined your night... I'm sure I can think of better things you could do that worry about me..."