Chapter 10

Shit!

Cursing under my breath, my eyes instantly flash toward the clock in the auditorium. My leg beginning to bounce nervously as the clock begins to chip away at the time, making a dent in my plan for the evening. Nails begin to dig in the skin of my palm, trying to combat the nervousness swirling in my stomach as I look back toward the professor explaining the importance of reducing the carbon footprint of transportation of foods and the impact on the environment that it causes.

My hands shakily write down the notes as I bite my lip. Trying not to gather my things and just leg it out the room without a good reason. My heart in my throat as I turn toward the clock again and release a nervous sound before turning back to the professor who's still going on and on and on about what we need to write down. A small groan leaving my lips as I grip a handful of my hair and clench down on it while writing hunched over my desk.

How much longer have I got until we get dismissed?...

Class never ran over this late before! Our professor was always punctual when it came to classes and often respected that we all had jobs and such to go to... so why was he still teaching?! I had places to go and places to be! I needed to leave now but... I can't...

I'm not that confident to tell him...

For the third time, I turn back toward the clock, whining gently as we run twenty five minutes over. The twins had finished school ten minutes ago! I needed to leave to pick them up! It takes me ten minutes to get there too! So I'll be half an hour to forty five minutes late I'm picking them up... oh god... oh -

"Miss (Y/n)? Is something the matter?" The professor asks, catching me off guard making me squeak nervously and look toward him, "That's the third time you've checked the clock, is everything alright?"

"I - I... have to pick up these kids I'm babysitting," I stammer shyly, fiddling with my hair and twisting a strand around my fingers to try and calm my beating heart, "Their school finished... finished ten minutes ago..."

"Alright, you can go," The professor hums with a reassuring smile as I hastily grab my books and pencil case, frantically stuffing everything in my pencil case, "Just read pages 146 to 152 and produce notes,"

"Thank you sir," I hum, nodding my head toward him before darting out of the auditorium and zoom past students as quickly as I can, "Oh god. Oh god. Oh god."

Unfortunately, due to my quirk, the more stressed I become and the more anxious I get, the more overwhelming it becomes. A quirk that soothes others unfortunately results in the quirk user dealing with immense amount of stress because I'm practically absorbing the stress from whoever I'm using my quirk on. So I'm never actually calm... I may seem it though... I can control it when I want too...

Bursting out of the college building, I push past other students standing in my way making me curse under my breath. Shoto and Momo are going to kill me! Biting my lip, swerving and manoeuvring myself through pupils and yelling out apologies when I accidentally push into them. My feet going as fast as they can go. Now I know why I didn't do athletics...

God I need to get to my car!

Wincing gently as my foot bangs into a step, I manage to recover before I fall and sprint through. My heart hammering in my chest as my breathing becomes heavy. How do people run like this everyday?! Down the path, thank god, there are no students walking so it's just a straight path with no obstacles.

Looking down at my wrist, checking the time, I curse under my breath and shake my head with a small sigh. I'm now twenty minutes late on picking the twins up! This isn't good! God! Shoto and Momo are gonna be pissed when they find out! What if they -