Chapter 36

A cacophony of giggles leaves my lips as I lean against the passenger seat while Mina drives us to our destination. Our eyes gleaming with playfulness as we dance in the front of the car while the music blares through the speaker system in her car. Her pink dice shaking with the movement of the car. The pair of us screaming the lyrics to a song with one another while Kyoka sits in the back of the car with a fond smile on her lips. Small smiles playing on Kyoka's and Momo's lips as they both look toward each other. Kyoka's hand resting on her baby bump as she has a hushed conversation with Momo who's gushing about her pregnancy glow and telling her all about her own pregnancy with the twins.

With it being near the end of the month, the girls and I were going to have a get together. It wasn't anything too spectacular. We were all just going to the beach for a little girl's barbecue to celebrate Kyoka going into her second trimester. The female hero getting more and more excited as the days go by, her bump becoming more and more prominent by the day. Excited to receive the gender too! She couldn't wait to have the baby in her arms either! Plus, Denki's being so cute when he's around her too.

As well as the great news of Kyoka progressing through her pregnancy, we're also celebrating Ochaco's great accomplishment of abolishing the period tax in Japan and allowing all those that need period products to have them for free.

The brunette had been pushing for free period products ever since she came into the spotlight as a hero. The woman using her platform to help young women and other period bearing people receive the products they need for something that they cannot control. She has been back and forth between the government and she's finally, finally she's managed to help people that had suffered like her. She's managed to help children that were in the same situation (needing to use money from her food budget for period products and trying to pawn some off from the school) due to low income to receive things that they need.

You can see why she's such a loved hero...

In the trunk of the car, unbeknownst to everyone bar Mina, there is a couple of boxes full of treats that I had made. There's a two tier cake that congratulates Ochaco for being the persevering and strong hero she is. I made cupcakes with little sugar paste pacifiers on top of the pink and blue frosting. There's also strawberries and cream filled pastries that Mina absolutely loves. I've also made little mini cheesecakes that Kyoka adores and always asks me about whenever she pops over with Denki and Eijiro.

Plus, I've made a salad to go with the grilled meat as well as boiled potatoes with garlic butter, spring onions and crispy bacon. Well, Katsuki helped out too. He wanted to make up for the horrific event that was meeting his parents the other week. Katsuki had a list of all these food he wanted to make (however I only picked a few) and we made the salad and the potatoes as well as homemade burger buns.

However, this get together wasn't just to see how the girls were and be sociable with one another for me. It was also a chance to just have a breather. To be on my own without having Katsuki worrying about doing something wrong. To not have my boyfriend breathing down the back of my neck constantly after the dinner with his parents didn't go too well. To just be around people that make me feel ten times better around myself that isn't my boyfriend and that isn't my family.

I just needed time with my girls. That's all...

With the dinner with Katsuki's parents ending up in an absolute disaster, Katsuki has been fretting for the past couple of days. He's made me breakfast in bed. He's made me lunch to take to campus so I can have it while I study in the library or in my apartment with Sakino. He's then picked me up from campus to take me to my babysitting job. Then he stays with me to look after the twins who are still coming to grips with their quirks. Then we go home, he cooks me dinner and makes sure I'm comfortable before giving me some loving when we head off to bed.