Chapter 20

Clearing my throat nervously, I stare at the clothes in my closet. My teeth worry my bottom lip as my eyes rake over the countless articles of clothing hanging up and folded up neatly inside my closet. Heart beating a mile a minute. Stomach in knots, butterflies thrashing against my gut. Sweat already beading at my forehead (although I just got fresh out of the shower!). Feet feeling numb. Legs ready to give out. My mind running rapid with the combinations that I could wear to a date with none other than Katsuki Bakugo. The number two hero! Dynamight!

I haven't even stepped foot out of my own apartment and I'm already shaking with anxiety!

Come on, (Y/n)! Focus!

Clearing my throat, trying to calm myself down before I set myself off into a terrible panic attack and send myself off to hospital and ruin my perfectly planned evening, I look through my closet. Rifling through summer dresses, little pinafores, crop tops, t shirts, skirts, shorts, pants. All the clothes that I can find. Figuring out what top goes with what pair of pants and what shoes will go with what outfit. Do I wear sneakers? Do I wear heels? Do I bring a pair of slippers? My mind imagining the clothes on my person and whether or not it's suitable for a date as big as this.

I mean, come on! It's a first date! First dates mean everything! It's the first impression. You're showing the one who you're courting with what you're like. You're showing a side to yourself that you don't usually allow others to see. You're setting an example up. If I come in in a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie I'll be done for! I need to make a good first impression! I need to show Bakugo that I'm a great person to date! That I can be the girlfriend that he's been looking for, for ages. That I'm the one that should be his girlfriend.

I just hope this goes well and I don't ruin it!

Behind me, watching me like a hawk and making sure I don't choose anything that wouldn't look good, sat my two brothers and my roommate. Their eyes piercing into my back as I throw out my clothes onto my bed that I feel would be a great idea to wear on a first day. I don't want to be too classy but I don't want to be too sexy either. Leave him wanting more. Leave him to imagine what could be going on (if you know what I mean~).

After pulling out as much clothes as I can, I pull away from my closet and look toward my brothers and my roommate who all look at my pick. A couple of cute dresses lay on the bed, nothing too short or too revealing to keep my modesty in check. There were some tops that would go great with a pair of jeans (mainly going for high waisted). Some shirts and skirts. Nothing too complicated, just something simple and casual.

"Well, we don't want anything too fancy," Ichiro hums, scratching his cheek as he assesses my clothes while I nod gently and bite my lip nervously, "After all, you're just going to his house for dinner,"

"Why doesn't she go with the dress?" Takashi asks, pointing toward a little black dress that I have with white polka dots on, "It's not too fancy but it's not plain either,"

"That with the black pumps?" Sakino hums, pointing toward the pair of shiny black pumps that I had bought the other day while out on a shopping day with the twins, "Yeah I can see it... what do you think (Y/n)?"

"I don't know... maybe? I just... I just think that maybe I should just go with a shirt and some pants," I explain nervously, rubbing the back of my neck while Sakino arches a brow and crosses her arms over her chest, "I mean there's other dates that we're going to have, I assume... and we're just at his house... then again the dress would be flattering..."

"Wear the dress," Ichiro says with a smile, chuckling as I head to one of my drawers to pull out a pair of tights to wear underneath (just in case I make a complete fool out of myself!) and scurry to the bathroom, "And then you can wear those pumps with it,"